Bandit Clutch Upgrade Stock Basket Ridges

Energy One
2005 Big Dog Chopper

Ok so long story short, by you guys’ excellent recommendation I installed the DOC’s EHC. It’s a fantastic unit with a wonderful install experience. Shortly after install, my clutch started giving me hell. No matter what adjustment position I had it in, it would both drag when pulled and slip when not & neutral was basically impossible without bumping throttle.
I finally got around to pulling it apart and sure enough the bearing carrier is broken. Before I pulled it apart, I went ahead and ordered the Bandit clutch and bearing carrier because this forum had great things to say about them (they are supposed to arrive Tuesday)! Upon disassembly and inspection I found very even consistent ridges in my basket (see attached pic). My questions are:
Am I correct in my thinking that the new Bandit carrier will reuse this stock basket?
If so, are these ridges intentional or product of the failure? Does this look reusable?

Thanks in advance guys!

PS on a side note: Anybody tried to cobble together a Harley clutch on a Big Dog? I’d really really like to make the Rekluse auto clutch work. I’ve ridden it on Dirk Bikes and they are the best thing since sliced bread.

Attachments

Last edited: