2023 Bike Week

06BDK9

I know this early but hotel rooms are getting scarce in Daytona. Early planning may help for a gathering. Is there another Big Dog gathering for 2023 Bike Week? If so, where and what date.

Mickmorris

Supporting Member
I know this early but hotel rooms are getting scarce in Daytona. Early planning may help for a gathering. Is there another Big Dog gathering for 2023 Bike Week? If so, where and what date.
Everyone usually tries to get together on the 2nd Saturday @ River Gille in Ormond Beach. 1 pm. Weather permitting of course. I personally try to go on both Saturday dates. It’s only a hour or so away. :cheers: :chopper:

Big D Florida

Troop Supporter
JR and I have tried lately to put something together both Saturdays of the event, as we have folks that come early and some that come mid-week and stay through the second weekend. Some come to both.
Even @mastiffdave has made an appearance, well save that whole story for another time.
We've been going to the River Grille, at 1:00 pm due to it's size, location, flexibility with group sizes, and ease of access between Destination Daytona/Iron Horse and Main Street.
I've seen close to a hundred show up, and as few as eight, so it's hard to plan even when folks RSVP because they often change their minds.
Hope to see another big turnout this upcoming year.

Mickmorris

Supporting Member
JR and I have tried lately to put something together both Saturdays of the event, as we have folks that come early and some that come mid-week and stay through the second weekend. Some come to both.
Even @mastiffdave has made an appearance, well save that whole story for another time.
We've been going to the River Grille, at 1:00 pm due to it's size, location, flexibility with group sizes, and ease of access between Destination Daytona/Iron Horse and Main Street.
I've seen close to a hundred show up, and as few as eight, so it's hard to plan even when folks RSVP because they often change their minds.
Hope to see another big turnout this upcoming year.
I will be there! That’s one of the perks of living a hour away. Sure would be great if MastiffDave could visit for another! Him & Buffy is good people to hang with!

Big D Florida

Troop Supporter
I will be there! That’s one of the perks of living a hour away. Sure would be great if MastiffDave could visit for another! Him & Buffy is good people to hang with!
You've sure got that right. I've had the honor and privilege of knowing Big Dave a long time.
I'll tell ya the story about how Bikes Blues & BBQ got started someday.
It's grown from a twenty-fiveish bike benefit-run, to the largest charity rally in the world, hosting around half a million motorcycles, but that's something for another thread.

mastiffdave

You've sure got that right. I've had the honor and privilege of knowing Big Dave a long time.
I'll tell ya the story about how Bikes Blues & BBQ got started someday.
It's grown from a twenty-fiveish bike benefit-run, to the largest charity rally in the world, hosting around half a million motorcycles, but that's something for another thread.
It would be a pleasure to get back down there and hang wit you guys. I think I’m almost rested up from the last time down there when JR and D almost killed me . Well not actually but that little Chupicabre’s bike set my pants leg on fire during the group ride and they have something against going home until the sun is on the way up.

Minuteman

Linda & I are scheduled into Daytona Feb. 22th and leaving March 12th. We have a campsite at in there for the 2-1/2 weeks. Linda and I have a ride scheduled to the Keys, as we have a hotel in Marathon for 4-nights as she has never been down there. The last I was there was around 50 years ago and always said that I need to ride the 7-mile bridge. Tried of winter and just need to get more riding in warm weather.

Mickmorris

Supporting Member
Sure Mick, you take a couple of days off for Mr. Wright, but not the rest of us, whats up with that.
Well I know his brother lives just north of me in Merritt Island. So figured I’d see him closer to home over the few days he will be down. I actually only took Monday off. Work demands are crazy. Will definitely see you on Saturday though Ted! Safe travels South!