2020 road glide front trees, forks, brakes, wheel swap onto 1995 Big Dog Vintage Classic ??

Jmvarela

Hello, I have a 95 Big Dog custom that i got from a friend a few years back in rougher shape. The bike is cool and I will most likely never see another one near me so I have decided to restore and customize it a bit. I have the opportunity to purchase the complete front end off a 2020 road glide special complete with brakes, fender, trees and prodigy wheel and tire for a good prize. Any one know what our front ends were based off of and if you guys see any problems with running the newer front end on the old dog to wake it up a lil bit ?

Attachments

byrddog

I love the old Dogs. To me they are like hot-rod FL's. Not as much info on the early models. I have figured out that my Vintage Classic use a wide glide front-end, length of tubes lean that way and single disc. Just keep in mind the steering head angle is not as steep as factory FL's.

Jmvarela

I love the old Dogs. To me they are like hot-rod FL's. Not as much info on the early models. I have figured out that my Vintage Classic use a wide glide front-end, length of tubes lean that way and single disc. Just keep in mind the steering head angle is not as steep as factory FL's.
do you have any more pics of yours ? by chance ? I have a dual disc front end but im sure they are still fairly similar to the new stuff. I will post pics when I have it bolted on, I still need to get an ignition system and wire in the motogadget to finish it but she should be coming a long a lot better once i fit the rear wheel and tire since its a bit different than the 16x3 it came with.