2 into 1 wanted.

mleach72

They make adapters for fitting a cv air cleaner to an S&S carb. You can get them for around $20 on ebay. You will just need spacers between the heads and backplate.

Last edited:

LHS

They make adapters for fitting a cv air cleaner to an S&S carb. You can get them for around $20 on ebay. You will just need spacers between the heads and backplate.
Thanks

LHS

By chance do you remember your measurements? I have S&S throttle body which should be the same as the carb and I've found a few air cleaner on here with different bolt patterns, just wanting to see if any of them have the same numbers that you do.
Thanks
I don’t but I’ll run out and pull the breather cover off real quick and get that for you. Keep in mind this is not exact I’d have to take the backing plate off to get that but will definitely get you in the ballpark A888FE85-DD4C-4491-B87B-3CEE56E439B4.jpeg5DA7B5CB-71C5-450D-A499-946F721780F3.jpeg5AA41C1E-2FAA-4576-B64D-EDF82EC6C91D.jpeg

Mastiff Rider64

Supporting Member
Oh thats awesome thanks.

Jwooky

You dont need an adapter (or want one it already sticks out far).

All you have to do is drill new holes in the backing plate that align to the S&S throttle body or carb

Mastiff Rider64

Supporting Member

All you have to do is drill new holes in the backing plate that align to the S&S throttle body or carb
Ok that will work to then. Then i would just need 1 AC fasket for s&s bolt hole patter, right

mleach72

I'm sure drilling it works fine, but don't you need to plug the original cv mounting holes somehow? I'm not sure, but it seems like they would be outside the mouth of the s&s carb.

Jwooky

I'm sure drilling it works fine, but don't you need to plug the original cv mounting holes somehow? I'm not sure, but it seems like they would be outside the mouth of the s&s carb.
No they are not outside, just clocked differently. They will be covered by the gasket.
The adaptor would work fine, just. Little more money and will push it out further. It sticks out quite a bit further than stock into your leg without it.

Mastiff Rider64

Supporting Member
No they are not outside, just clocked differently. They will be covered by the gasket.
The adaptor would work fine, just. Little more money and will push it out further. It sticks out quite a bit further than stock into your leg without it.
Ordered mine today we will see how it goes. Im going to drill it first and if that font work right then Ill get the spacer. Lol