117 w/ 650 Woods cam dyno sheet?

Energy One
Status
Not open for further replies.

Olde Man

I am concidering the folowing mods. Zero deck the jugs, woods 650 cam, BCT baffles, Oversize K&N filter. I am not sure but probably larger valves and for shure springs, 5 angle valve job with a throat and chamber blend and a Thunderheart ignition on my 2006 K-9. Does anyone have any dyno's with the woods 650 with stock or mildly ported heads? Are the TP boxes disaster at that lift? Thanks

barhopper

Another round please
Look at my pics and you should see my #'s. I have that cam, head work, bigger valves, XXX carb, Dyna Y2K ign, S&S heads though.

Olde Man

Not a race bike

I am looking for at least a solid 1hp and ft lb per cu in. I think that is reasonably streetable. I have built 1 400 hp small block chevy 400 cu in., 1 550 hp 400 cu in, 1 600 hp 468 big block chevy and 1 700 hp 522 Big block chevy. All naturally asperated and street driven. What I have found is that the streetability and reliability start to deteriorate quickly after about 1.15 hp per cu. in. I really will probably not have this engine over 6000 rpm and do appreciate the torque hp calculations and applications. I asked for dyno sheets so I could take a look at the low end torque numbers not the peaks. I know nothing about S&S cylinder heads. Do they continue to flow after the valves get about .300 off of the seats or do they die on the vine like the stock Harley heads. I do not have a history of valve guide and spring life with this kind of lift. The 256 duration seams reasonable enough though.

RCAdd1ct

JAFO
You need to call Bobby Wood. He will tell you exactly what to expect.

He was right on the money on what to expect with the combo I have.

117bigdog

Bring It!
does anyone know how big of a cam can you put in our bikes after you cut the jugs down to 0 deck without doing mods to the pistons? Just thinking

does anyone know how big of a cam can you put in our bikes after you cut the jugs down to 0 deck without doing mods to the pistons? Just thinking
First you have to ask if you are willing to run your bike on something other than pump gas? Bigger cam= more compression. The woods cam need a minimum of 10.8:1 to 11.2:1 according to the spec sheet I have and really anything over that will require some fuel additive.

Chopper117

Chopper Nutt
I just got my engine back from Hillside Cycles NY with the 650 Woods Cam, bigger valves, guides, springs, port and polished heads, modified Super G w/Thunderjet, Thunderheart ign. and it's at the shop being Dyno'ed tuned by Monday. Scott Palmer told me my compression is at 11.3 to 1. I will have Dyno #'s by this Monday. :2thumbs:

lee

Not disputing what Al says in any shape or form here but I got the 650 and pretty sure my compression is lower than 10.5 and it runs pretty good.

barhopper

Another round please
I have the 650 woods cam also. I am at 10.7 or so static comp. The more compression, the more pop I am sure. Mine runs great also. I can get pinging at times. I could not imagine 11.3 comp with pump gas, ping monster. Start buying 55 Gal drums of Trick fuel. Now 11.3 with Trick fuel and that alone with no other mods would make a huge difference. 11.3 will be hard on that motor in the long run. I bet it runs awesome and best of luck.

Not disputing what Al says in any shape or form here but I got the 650 and pretty sure my compression is lower than 10.5 and it runs pretty good.
Your correct Lee I guess I should have noted that there are 2 different 650 cams that woods offers. The difference being the duration. You should have a more compression with a longer duration which is why the woods came out with the designer cam called the W6HF with a .248 duration that can be ran with slightly lower compression. This is the cam that I think you have Lee. I am running the woods W9F which has a .256 duration which likes a little more compression. This is what I was told at woods and he basically that these were just the recommended comp ratios that would put the cam in the sweet spot but obviously they can be ran lower.

Chopper117

Chopper Nutt
I have the 650 woods cam also. I am at 10.7 or so static comp. The more compression, the more pop I am sure. Mine runs great also. I can get pinging at times. I could not imagine 11.3 comp with pump gas, ping monster. Start buying 55 Gal drums of Trick fuel. Now 11.3 with Trick fuel and that alone with no other mods would make a huge difference. 11.3 will be hard on that motor in the long run. I bet it runs awesome and best of luck.

I can run 93 octane all day long without any pinging. It runs like a raped ape! :2thumbs:

barhopper

Another round please
OK! :D
What fuel would you recommend for let's say 15.4:1 compression, turning 11,200 RPMs?
What detonation rate would be needed?
What's the Specific Gravity on that fuel?

Just want to be "SPECIFIC" here on what' needed. :D

:D:cheers:

What? You talking English? Way over my head. I just know what I have experienced over my 48 years of many car and bike motors on what is to much for pump gas. Though I have been wrong before and probably be wrong again. If the tire pressure is off it will affect the pinging also. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.