Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Your thots? 03 Pitbull for $12,800

Discussion in 'General' started by Buttdragger, Apr 8, 2009.

1. beano

beano Member

My Bike(s):
    2002 pit bull
    beware the speedo and wiring they suck but i still love my 02. problems u metion sound minor to me but u should deafintely renegotiate. id say 8 to 10k tops in my opinion. These bikes arnt going for alot these days and the seller is probobly aware of that. dont think u will regret the hard tail. my backs not in great shape and i still love mine. good luck!

2. RuDawg

RuDawg Red Cloud

My Bike(s):
    02 Boxer and 07 K9
    First Name:
    Paul
    I say go for it, but low-ball him on an offer and work your way to the middle. If Taylor got his for $10K, you might be able to do the same. I am planning to upgrade to a newer model when I get back to the states and I am looking into to selling my 02 Boxer here in Korea. It's definitely a buyers market in the States and I don't think I will get what it's worth there.

3. RuDawg

RuDawg Red Cloud

My Bike(s):
    02 Boxer and 07 K9
    First Name:
    Paul
    I missed the post on the issues it is having...So go real low and see what happens or look for one that has been taken care of, cuz they are out there.

4. KnotSo

KnotSo No Time or Patience for Drama or Disrespect.
    Staff Member Supporting Member

My Bike(s):
    2006 Big Dog Mastiff, 2005 Buell, 2000 HD
    Anyone on this site will be more than happy to go check the scoot out and give you all the feedback you would need to make an informed offer on it. The good, bad, and honest truth. Then just have it shipped to TN:2thumbs:

There are a lot of low mileage bikes with little or no issues.

RUDAWG, perhaps you would do better to sell it there before you leave?

5. sgrind1

sgrind1 Active Member

My Bike(s):
    07 PITBULL
    had 03 pit before i traded on my 07 pit i loved it and when i get in better off ( money ) i will be buying another luv the 03. and will gladly pay 12,800 :cheers::cheers::cheers:

6. Jersey James

Jersey James Jersey James

My Bike(s):
    03 Pit Bull, 93 Harley 3 wheel trike conversion, 04 & 06 American Iron Horse~ LSC
    First Name:
    James
    Hello: I have an '03 Pit Bull, GREAT BIKE!!! I keep the rear tire at recomended 42 psi, and I don't have any problems riding the rigid. And I am 60 years old. I think the '02~'03 & '04 Pit Bulls are one of the Best looking Big Dogs. After riding Harleys for over 40 years, this is my first BDM, I just love the look and the ride. Buy the bike, brother, you will not regret it. Mine is the best purchase, I ever made. A traditional looking bike, that shits & gits. Best of luck, with your purchase. Jersey James

7. Five Five

Five Five Well-Known Member

My Bike(s):
    2003 pit bull (sold) & 2006 K-9 (bought)
    First Name:
    Bill
    pull the trigger and get it......i have a 03 pit and i love it, great year, solid bike.great motor and trans, i like the hardware the setup everything is to my liking....ive built a few choppers for myself and friends and i was real suprised how well Big Dog built this pitbull...ive had it for 6 months now and have put 10K miles on it of abusive riding and it runs like a champ. i havent been able to get off my bike since i got it...ive been ridin it every frickin day...i cant get enough of it...i picked my pit up for $10,000 in excellent garage condition with 3000 miles on it...with custom pipes and custom flame mirrors.....guy i got it from was 65 years old and it was a little too much for him....

and hooligans comments above are right on base...dont know him but im going to back him up a 100%

8. drummin777

drummin777 Active Member

My Bike(s):
    2010 HD Street Glide
    First Name:
    Joe
    I just thought I would point out to you guys that this thread is from April of this year. Thats 6 months ago, and judging by his avatar, he pulled the trigger!

9. mcgroom

mcgroom Well-Known Member

My Bike(s):
    2002 Big Dog Prosport, 06 HD Roadglide, 02 HD Road King, 14 Mischief Cycle Custom, 79 Yam XS650
    First Name:
    Mick
    :roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll:

I noticed that yesterday.

Gotta give credit where credit is deserved though. Tons of input from the members on here even if it was after the fact. :2thumbs: