WP instructions

Energy One
I ordered a WP kit for my 06 mastiff today. I was wondering if anyone had installation instructions they would share for that model so I can study them to make the install easier and a little less painful. Through the help of everyone I was Able to fully diagnose my bike and be pretty confadent my EHC went out. If you take peoples suggestions they can save you tons of money on labor fees.

Srodden

Ya being a sUpporting member is definetly a good thing however not a prerequisite. Leaning on past experience is always a good thing. Do a search on wireplus I remember someone posted the do's and dont's of wireplus installation.

New Boots

Human
Ya being a sUpporting member is definetly a good thing however not a prerequisite. Leaning on past experience is always a good thing. Do a search on wireplus I remember someone posted the do's and dont's of wireplus installation.
Scott why would a search be needed when I supplied the information the man asks for? Did you click on the link in the post? :loony:

Thankyou. Once again you ask someone for something and sure enough there it is. Thanks Kenneth. I will look into the supporting member.

Srodden

Scott why would a search be needed when I supplied the information the man asks for? Did you click on the link in the post? :loony:[/QUOTE

Because I remember seeing a post on that very subject that is not in the how to forum and it was pretty good on wireplus install. Everything you need is not necessarily in the how to oh did I just roll my eyes out loud sorry :2thumbs:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffM
10 weeks after placing my order, i have just received my WP via snail mail.

I have had emails from a loverly lady at WP assuring me i was getting closer to the next available dispatch.

So once my mate (see friend) does the wiring for me and sorts out the shit that was left over from complying it to Australian standards i should have a reliable Dog.

My EHC is in good order so before i put it on Ebay i will offer it here as a help to anyone, and a bit of a thank you to all those who have assisted me over the past 10 mths of being a Dog owner.

Those in the know be warned i can see a lot of stupid questions if i can't find, fix or locate prior answers to the same questions on installing a WP.It all sounds very simple if you have done it before, but very daunting to us novices.
Cheers
Jeff
I waited 14 weeks!

on the Installation, in my humble opinion:

a) get a "number kit" and label EVERY WIRE as you cut them from the EHC; they may seem too short and get tangled as you rewire...
b) lay out how your Power Module and Switch Module will fit so you can see the diagnostic LED's (not like in the video) and to make existing wire lengths work.
c) quality check every crimp by pulling on it to be sure it is tight.
d) quality check every splice and connection by numbers/colors, there can be no mistakes only 100% accuracy!
e) double check that wires and connectors are not pulled apart or crushed when you put your seat on/off.
f) take your time to be sure you did it right, Accuracy and Quality craftsmanship wins this race!--not speed!

2004 chopper WP installation 100% successful on first try.

Last edited: