• Yes

Votes: 774 78.1%
  • No

Votes: 127 12.8%
  • Maybe

Votes: 90 9.1%

• Total voters

Johnny

To address this questions is fairly simple.... post a poll asking if current Big Dog owners were able would they buy another new Big Dog... lets see how many of us would do it again...

Me... no question, I would buy another one in a second.

KDF

Yes?

No?

Maybe?

narow37

Angry Southern White Man
still the best looking, well made factory custom on the market. This doesn't mean that I would not want to build me a little bobber with a pan head.

Sparks

Chopper Junkie!
Yes but nothing past 2003, I'm with Sul on the issue of proprietary parts and lack of R&D before putting some of their newer stuff out to public. Take away the EHC and you would have all the stuff I would have used to build one any way without the cussing, throwing of wrenchs and down time waiting for parts/paint/wireing, etc, etc.......

f-okie

AllGaveSome-SomeGaveAll
I've had my K9 for 2yrs. and approx. 16,000 miles. The only problems I've had have been minor one. I'd buy another in a heart beat.:flag: :2thumbs:

LARS

sippin & cruzin
I like what I've got,no major probs:spank: K.O.W,not too many(wolfs) out there,For my model it's a no brainer for me,but it seems like newer mods have too many of the same probs.,but WTF do I know,Bottoms upp:cheers:

Vegas

I voted yes. Here is the deal. If you plan to leave it fairly stock on a newer bike then it makes sense. Once you decide to pump out more horsepower, mod many things custom then it makes no sense. I built my 69 Camaro from scratch. It is exactly what i want. It costs big money to do that way. I am happy with the stock package plus a camshaft. Anything beyond a camshaft and dress up may no make sense. Especially in Sul's case.

Yeph... I get another one...My K-9 is the most comfortable cruiser motorcycle I have ever had :up: ... Fits me like a glove.......:2thumbs:

Isn't there a new Wolf coming in 09'?.....:whoop:

K9Anniv

I love my '05 Chopper, and I look forward to owning a future K9 with a polished X-Wedge engine, V&H Big Radius 2-into-1 exhaust, complete chrome package (wheels and all - minimizing any billet aluminum as much as I can to avoid hours of polishing:rant: ) and a wild, "one-of-a-kind", head-turning Level 7 or so paint job:eek: Hopefully that'll happen next year with their 2010 models? :)confused:..the unknown is the X-Wedge in a K9..when??)

Although I really do like the Arlen Ness "Highliner" Chopper as well, with its base price of $48,995 I figure I can get my special K9 and still have $10K or more left in the bank, so why go anywhere else but Big Dog? Besides, I know and trust Big Dog now and have faith in their products and company.

My odometer just rolled past 5K miles on my '05 Chopper without so much as a hiccup, other than recalls which my outstanding BDM dealer - Jamie's Customs in Big Bend. WI :up: - took care of before they became a problem or issue.:cheers:

lee

what Sul said - I seriously doubt I would buy another one

my next bike will most likely be built for me to my spec - either by me but more likely by someone who actually knows what they're doing!

There will be nothing fancy on it that can go wrong - keep it simple. Stock S&S / R&R / Ultima motor bought from and built by the manufacturer - stock baker / Jims tranny bought from and built by the manufacturer, simple direct wiring etc etc etc.

JerryC

Love my 02 Mastiff but am starting to feel the urge for a K-9. I have more fun on the bike than (almost) anything else.

sun_bill1974

I voted yes, but I like to further add to what Sparks said about, "R&D." I much rather spend an extra $5K, and know the bike is near perfection....I've been on the receiving end as a test speciment in the most inopportune time during my ride. Because of the nature of the beast, it also doesn't boat well for novices who aren't familiar with wrenching......but I'm getting better and learning more each day with this site :flag:.
On the flip-end, I do understand by allocating more money to R&D it would not result in a profitable business model for BD....and they compensate this by exceptional customer service and a 2 year warrantee....they even paid a portion of my towing bill.

Yes but nothing past 2003, I'm with Sul on the issue of proprietary parts and lack of R&D before putting some of their newer stuff out to public. Take away the EHC and you would have all the stuff I would have used to build one any way without the cussing, throwing of wrenchs and down time waiting for parts/paint/wireing, etc, etc.......