Width handlebars

Energy One

Milco

The Flying Dutchman
Goodmorning from The Netherlands dear forummembers, can someone tell me the total width of the handlebars, I have to look and see if I can store my Dog in the livingroom for a while because I haven't sold the Streetglide yet and I don't have enough space in my garage:oldlaugh::oldlaugh::oldlaugh:

BWG56

Guru
I have a Mastiff, but the dimension across the hand grips is 30-1/2". However the dimension across the tips of the brake lever and the clutch lever is 32". I would think you could turn the bars somewhat as you go thru the doorway though to lessen the dimension.

pknowles

RETIRED
Supporting Member
The 07K9 is roughly 35 inches. The mirrors are roughly 37.
This is with the welded bars. I'm asuming the mandrel bent bars are the same.

Last edited:

Brandon Downey

Well its obvious what needs to happen here. Either A) install a wider door or B) just build a whole new house with a wider door! Either way the Dog is coming inside! Has it arrived yet?

Milco

The Flying Dutchman
Haha, No, it is on its way to Southampton UK, it will arrive on March 6, and then to Rotterdam I hope, its been a long way.......:whoop::old2:

Brandon Downey

Yeah its almost there though. I had been drooling over that bike on ebay for a while before you snagged it up. Love everything about that Dog!

Th3InfamousI

Administrator
Staff member
Haha, No, it is on its way to Southampton UK, it will arrive on March 6, and then to Rotterdam I hope, its been a long way.......:whoop::old2:
That thing has been in transit for a long time hasn't it?

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk

Milco

The Flying Dutchman
That thing has been in transit for a long time hasn't it?

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk
Yes, the containervessel loaded it in Charleston, went to Colombia, through the Panama Channel to San Francico, back to Colombia, back to Charleston and now finally to Europe....I guess I booked the cheapest ticket:oldsmile::oldhardlaugh::oldhardlaugh::oldhardlaugh:

Jersey Big Mike

100K mile club
If you get desperate to get it in the door, you might want to consider taking the handlebars off, not disconnecting all the cables and controls but only un-doing the two main bolts so you can maneuver the bars while getting thru the door. If you do, remember to cover the fender so you don't chip the paint if you drop the bars and wrap the bars as well.

I'm assuming you're not going to go in and out regularly till you get rid of the street glide.