What does everyone use to shine their tires?

woodbutcher

Mr. Old Fart member #145
Staff member
WESTLEY'S - Tire Cleaners

a product you may want to try to clean the tires. have used it a long time on the cars and trucks. not sure whether or not it will dull the wheels but i've never had a problem. gets them nice and black without the shine.

either armor all or spray any tire shine on a rag and wipe just the sides
"04-15-2007, 03:36 PM #5 (permalink)
sul

WTF is this "Guest" BS? :confused:

This person is "NOT" listed as a member here! And we can sign in people here as "GUEST", and they can post? WTF? :confused:

Last edited:

MisterMister

I use to use tire shine. But quit. Not only does it make your tires slip, it causes weather cracking on the sidewalls. Had to buy a new front tire for my 2008 k9 because of it.

BadBrad

2005 Pitbull
sul

This person is "NOT" listed as a member here! And we can sign in people here as "GUEST", and they can post? WTF? :confused:
Maybe the rules were different back in April 2007. :job::job: Back in the good ole' days of bashing fucked up politicians! :whoop::whoop:

K9Anniv

Just caught this thread. There are any number of tire cleaners/preservatives in the automotive section at Wal-Mart, but BE CAREFUL not to over do it.
I once knew a guy who Armor-All'd his tires for a show and had a serious mishap riding home afterwards. Inertia actually forces the excess sidewall preservative down onto the side treads as the tire spins, and turns can become very treacherous. :eek::whoop:

Fibersnake

Banjo Playing PsychoBilly
sul

Ole Sul was not a guest but a long time member from the get go. No longer user by that name on here, but very much a member from the get go!!!!

Would ride with Sul anytime!

Do not put any shine stuff on the tires myself, too much risk and it does nothing to improve the ride!

RCAdd1ct

JAFO
I never got into this thread before.....

I use simple green. It cleans up the tire and does not leave a residue.

stryfox

westley's bleche wite
It's not just for whitewalls and white raised letters. It will actually clean the brown off of tires. Gives them a fresh black look with no slime.
I use it at my shop for show cars that are going for a factory look.
Put it on tire scrub whit bristle brush and rinse. Repeat until
Tires are black.
Note!!!!!!!! This product contains salt!!!! Do not spray on aluminum!
Keep a damp rag to wipe off excess as you go and rinse rinse rinse.
I have yet to find a better product and this stuff is cheap.
The secret is to actually clean them not to hide dirt with goop.

montana

Nothing. I've only wash my bike 2 or 3 times a year. I ride it daily and keeping it clean is too much work so I ride it and enjoy it.