Waiting On Karata

Energy One

bpernie

U member
:)Well I bit the bullet I ordered a Karata Belt Drive talked to Jim Friday he got my check and he is waiting on rear support to get polished and he will be shipping it out I asked him to send me my belt for now cuz i wanted to get something painted on it thinking about puttin BIGDOG on it or K-9 Chopper or something don't know just yet any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Also how easy are they to install i seen some place but i can't find it where I thought someone had a step by step process how they did it?

Raywood

The Pirate
Staff member
Calendar Participant
Troop Supporter
Great, post pics of the painted belt when it's done.

The step by step is in the "How To" section.

:cheers:

KnotSo

Admin
Staff member
I like "KNOTSO" on it. :D:D:D:roll::roll::roll:

Could put something with your ladies name on it or the bikes name, where you are from, or a saying you like, possibilities are endless:cheers:

Trainguy

Chromeoholic
Sweet:eek:. Lotta stuff on open primarys but don't think your gunna find a "How To" on the install yet.:up:

bruce

I installed mine and was pretty easy, when the time comes I would be glad to help you if you want.

Staffy

CONGRATULATIONS :2thumbs::2thumbs:
You are going to really like it....easy to install feel free to give me a shout if you need any help. (An impact gun for the install is recommended (a must in my opinion)

I would paint on a design rather than any lettering - this way no matter where the engine/belt stops it looks good. I see you have some flames on your bike - might be a good idea to keep within that theme and paint some sort of flames on the belt - my 2cents.

Good luck and enjoy the belt.

Showtime

I had one done with a little something for my son who passed in march.... just be careful with your boots bouncing of it because it will rub off.... Good luck with your belt and you Jim is very helpful with any questions but come with good directions...

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

Showtime

I paid 4400.00 for a 4" with bearing support and the big pirana clutch... I was 101 on the list when they first came out... Im sure there cheaper now... There was one on ebay a couple months ago new for 2200.00.... good deal for sure...

bpernie

U member
cost me 3200 for it was an extra 90$ for the 4" and i also got the front shield for it to don't want to get pants caught in it have enough trouble with the exhaust

Showtime

What clutch did you get with it? and did you get the Bearing support? if so that alot better then when they first came out for sure.... I have not had my pants messed up yet with it... Boots yes!!!!

Showtime

Hey bpernie i forgot to ask you if you had to alter your clutch rod for the belt drive? I remember altering mine by a 1".... Just wondered if they made that a part of the kit yet?