Tuned!... Carb coughs finally gone

Energy One
Bought the k9 with 31/88 stock .040 air bleed and spike AC and open Mtn Bros Trixstas... At mid throttle (int-primary change) she stuttered and coughed out the carb like a challenged tuberculosis patient, and she had nasty decel poppage...

Finally, I'm 33/78 and .048 size airbleed. idle mix screw barely 1.25 turns out, running Desperado A/C, same Trixstas with homemade washer restricters... Now she runs like a raped ape with zero coughs and mild decel pops. I think I still might try a 32 intermediate, but it's all gravy now.

Thanks to everyone who has posted jetting advice in the past... I used a lot of old posts for reference.

To any one still coughing and frustrated... Don't be afraid to tinker, follow S&S's online guides and make your bike run like a champ. DON'T ignore you're air-bleed!!

Cheers.

standuprick

Your actually pretty good with the idle mix screw. You should be between 1- 1/34 out. 40 air bleed. Not sure your engine size but on my 111 I am 31/76. Stock was 29.5/74. Altitude is 800 ft. Since you have an aftermarket filter you are supposed to pull out the bowl vent screw. Also, you want to make sure your overflow tube is long enough to reach the bottom of the bike. Those two things do effect performance. You migh be fat on the intermediate. Those jetts are just so over priced for a tiny piece of brass

francoblay1

The Spaniard
Your actually pretty good with the idle mix screw. You should be between 1- 1/34 out. 40 air bleed. Not sure your engine size but on my 111 I am 31/76. Stock was 29.5/74. Altitude is 800 ft. Since you have an aftermarket filter you are supposed to pull out the bowl vent screw. Also, you want to make sure your overflow tube is long enough to reach the bottom of the bike. Those two things do effect performance. You migh be fat on the intermediate. Those jetts are just so over priced for a tiny piece of brass
:iagree: I was also 29.5/74 stock. Changed to 31/76, GOT RID of the bowl vent plug and everything is Honky Dory now.

:cheers:

francoblay1

The Spaniard
As i said before... I am running 31/76... V&H 2-2 and D&M spike with K&N filter... I am going to upgrade the Ignition to the TH ASM5012 and the cam to a .590.... I am at Sea Level....

Will I have to up-size the Air Bleed in my Carb? Should I order some? What size you guys recommend?