top speed

Abaco21

Hehe, I pegged my speedo just trying to keep up with Raywood and Purpledog in Daytona last week! Luckily Raywood ran out of gas and and I reeled him in!:D

New Boots

Human
I cruised the Autobahn at 110 MPH (normal speed) and at 130 when I was in a hurry back in the day. The gas goes quick at those speeds, around one hour and it’s gone. Now I feel no need for speed, it’s the journey not the destination for me now. :2thumbs:

nick52

ive only been a member for 6 mos. just bought the 04 ridgeback in november, by time it shipped up from fla.
i put it in the garage for the winter,i have little riding experience so when i introduced myself i took the advice of the seasoned veterans and im taking a motorcycle course 2nd week of april and restored my drivers privelages during the winter im 52 years old so i try to learn all i can, im glad i checked this thread out though, i cant imagine riding at120mph ill be happy at 75-85 when conditions allow it i live on long island roads are terrible and the kids on 4 wheels arent concerned about anyone on the road but themselves so ill take it slow, and be proud to ride slow
for now

Raywood

The Pirate
Staff member
Calendar Participant
Troop Supporter
Hehe, I pegged my speedo just trying to keep up with Raywood and Purpledog in Daytona last week! Luckily Raywood ran out of gas and and I reeled him in!:D
Ha ha, Purpledog and I took off and we were over 110 when our exit came up. I pulled over and he didn't and I think I was over 125 trying to catch him.

What amazed me is when we did pulled off at the next exit JR03, BBC, Finn and Abaco21 were right behind us! :eek:

Oh, and these bike will cruise at 95 to a 100 mph all day long! I've done it out on the open freeways:

http://youtu.be/3B9OkMq8SZg

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3B9OkMq8SZg"]KaptnAmerica & Billy - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:

superfly

Ride it like you stole it
Ha ha, Purpledog and I took off and we were over 110 when our exit came up. I pulled over and he didn't and I think I was over 125 trying to catch him.

What amazed me is when we did pulled off at the next exit JR03, BBC, Finn and Abaco21 were right behind us! :eek:

Oh, and these bike will cruise at 95 to a 100 mph all day long! I've done it out on the open freeways:

KaptnAmerica & Billy - YouTube

LOl, that's awesome. Bb and the guys were all with you. Those sum bitches ride fast I've riden with them several times.

scubaman15

Love that vid !!!!!!:2thumbs:

fast800x

speed

Had my 05 Masstiff to 120 a few times. Gets hard to hang on. It is very smooth at that speed though. It is smoothest on the interstate in 6th at 90. Smooth as glass.

WKDengnr

On a few occasions, I've quickly pulled to 130+ mph on my Bulldog (107in s&s). With the 19" front wheel and the inverted forks, believe me - it was stable. The wind is incredible, so it's face down and knuckles back!

Cecil

Did 110 on my AIH (100'' S&S) and my eyes started to water too much, if i had a fullface helmet would of kept going.

VENTURELINE

157 mph, 2006 Ironhorse Texas, 114" Demon engine, Baker Trans, Ultima 58 mm inverted front end.

No wobble, but things are flying past, and somewhat spooky.

Olddoger

Cool video! I broke 100 a couple times on the highway, getting on it. Just hitting a couple gears gets you there real fast but then I drop it right down and enjoy the ride and all the onlookers giving the high sign. Can't see them going fast! Life's too short...

Tom Chop

A dyno sheet is a myth. No wind force to deal with which increases by a factor of 9 per 10 mph. The road conditions cannot come into play. Lastly the riders` weight isn`t affecting the outcome therefore rendering the dyno speed a useless figure. It reminds me of revving a motor out of gear and saying what amount of horsepower there is in that engine. Bullshit! P.S. According to my calculations a K-9 with good tires should top-out at approximately 138mph. That is if one can overcome the wind-resistance.

JeffM

120 mph is all i have taken my K9 to. Very hard to keep feet on the pegs at that speed, also the roads in Australia don't lend themselves to going fast, not like the US, hell you roads are smooth. Just love riding there. Next year Sturgis ............... again.

mrthick71

After reading wrm66's 163mph speed I thought holy crap could that be right. So I looked at a couple of bikes that had been on the dyno. All are around 140mph. In 5th gear at 6200rpm.Now this doesnt take wind resistance,hills or clutch slip into account and some other things I probably missed. The bikes seem to have the gearing to do that speed. So if your motor will pull to redline in 5th or 6th your flying and crazy!!!

I've had my 07 Mastiff up to 156.9 on open road without hitting the rev limiter. The BMW 3 series I was chasing hit the NoS and walked away from me so I quit. Dakota Digital speedo if you were wondering.

Mr. Wright

Knows some things
Supporting Member
I hit a June bug, or something about that big, right beside my adams apple, at a 110. Damn near knocked me off the bike. Left a nasty bruise, and it was hard to swallow for a long time.

chubs

Guru
Alright, All you guys pull over and form a line! :oldmad: I'm gonna have to cite ya all for exceeding the safe, posted speed limit! :oldrant::spank: Now we can settle this one of two ways,:oldsmile: either I confiscate those bikes, OR, you can all send me $65.50 via certified mail, and I'll look the other way! :oldlaugh: :oldhardlaugh::oldhardlaugh::oldhardlaugh::chopper: P.S. Cash only !! :old2::old2::old2:

Mr. Wright

Knows some things
Supporting Member
Alright, All you guys pull over and form a line! :oldmad: I'm gonna have to cite ya all for exceeding the safe, posted speed limit! :oldrant::spank: Now we can settle this one of two ways,:oldsmile: either I confiscate those bikes, OR, you can all send me $65.50 via certified mail, and I'll look the other way! :oldlaugh: :oldhardlaugh::oldhardlaugh::oldhardlaugh::chopper: P.S. Cash only !! :old2::old2::old2:
Have to catch me first.