The Rebirth of the Phoenix

Energy One

Gas Man

Cool isn't cheap
Calendar Participant
Well got lots of news today.

Chrome is on its way back and should be here Monday.

The gas tank is in and I will pick up sat.

The powder coating is done and I picked up.

Big props to Exotic Coatings for putting out a awesome gloss super wet black powder.

The frame, swingarm, gas cap adapter, exhaust mount, swingarm spacer, and 2 highway peg plates for the wife's sporty.

you can see they did a great job of masking everything. I will still chase every hole with a tap. The gloss is amazing! You can see the reflections in the parts and the dust on it.

Then on the short to do list

Finish Zooping wheels
Wire back bone
tape the frame
Tap everyhole
Pick up gas tank
assemble tripples, swingarm, rear shocks, rear belt
Then change fork oil and hang forks on new tripples.
Mount handlebars

Last edited:

Gas Man

Cool isn't cheap
Calendar Participant
Thanks... added a few more pics at the end too...

I think I'm finally cresting the hill. Hopefully I will soon be shrinking the stack of parts on the tables... of coarse... I got a box of 41 pieces coming back.... hmmm

chucktx

that is a great job they did gas.....some shops dont do the taping and plugging.....looks very quality!!! maybe post a list of all your suppliers with links or #'s......this is gonna be fun for all of us!!!!!!!

Gas Man

Cool isn't cheap
Calendar Participant
that is a great job they did gas.....some shops dont do the taping and plugging.....looks very quality!!! maybe post a list of all your suppliers with links or #'s......this is gonna be fun for all of us!!!!!!!
Yeah they even made discs for the tranny mounts.

I will list everybody I have used for everything. Even my HD salesman wants a copy of it.

scubaman15

Gas tell us newer guys what the name Phoenix means ? The bike project looks like a labor of love and I wish I were helping or better yet doing my own ...but to be honest I just wish it was WARM ENOUGH TO RIDE MY SCOOT!!! SHIT IT's _uckin cold out!