The question of oil filter

Energy One

Alexey

Hello friends. I have a question what the right oil filter suitable for Ridgeback 2005 (117 S&S ). In oil filters Harley Davidson different bandwidth. Harley Davidson has no such large volumes of engines. What is the filter for the motor 117 S&S? If you can please give me the part number. Thanking you in advance.

jchapin

Oil filter

K&N 170 is black
K&N 170C is Chrome

Any filter that is listed to fit a 1999 Harley Davidson EVO will fit

Mr. Wright

Knows some things
Supporting Member
Besides that, it's longer, and it will be hard to get it on, because the regulator plug is in the way.

Alexey

Hello friends. On a S&S Cycle I found a recommendation. Do you think the HF 170 (K&N 170 ) are suitable for these recommendations?

A micron rating is given to show the efficiency of the oil filter (one micron is a millionth of a meter).

This leads consumers to believe that the 10 micron filter must be better for their bike. Here is where it can get confusing; though the 10 micron filter may have a higher filtration rating it does not allow the oil to return to the tank as fast. With this in mind, the 10 micron filter was developed for use with the Twin Cam style engine, which has a different oiling system that allows oil to be forced through a more restrictive oil filter. The reason for the tighter filtration was explained by the manufacture as necessary to assure all of the smaller passages, in the Twin Cam style engine, would stay clear of debris. If you run the 10 micron filter with an evolution style engine it will not be able to return oil through the filter fast enough causing the oil to back up into the lower end robbing power and/or causing oil to puke out of the lower end.

The 30 micron filter is designed to work best for your Evolution style engine, the filtration is still excellent and it will not cause oiling issues.

When it comes to filtering oil application is very important. There have been a lot of changes and updates too many filters on the market, with claims of better filtration, don't be fooled into using a filter that might not be the best for your bike.

Shane Getty

Does anyone know what the Amsoil part number is for the oil filter for a 117in ? For some reason I can't cross reference it. I plan on getting the K&P also . Who has the best price for the K&P?

Jgroth41

I just bought a oil filter from the Harley shop for my 2004 mastiff .. It's for the evolution I think.. The one I took out of my bike Looks similar but has a little diff size holes. Is this ok or should I put my old one back in

Jgroth41

The part number is 63797-77A.,I could almost swear the one I just pulled out at that rubber restriction in it I guess I just need to know if this is correct I'm getting paranoid LOL