"The Man Behind the Modern Belt Drive- Phil Ross" is gone

Energy One

surferdude

dry docked
Phil as many of you know is The Man Behind the Modern Belt Drive. He passed away yesterday at 1645 hours. My wife and I was over his house the night before visiting and praying with his wife Vyvyan. He's with his Maker now and I believe in a better place. I'm glad that I have a piece of Phil on my Dog. When I found out last month that Phil didn't have much time left I decided to get my rear pulley done by him. We talked about it off and on and finally I decided that I should do it. His passing happened so quickly. He was going thru a lot of chemo and it didn't seem to be helping much since the cancer was so much thru out his body. Phil actually knew he didn't have much time left and came over to see how many teeth were on my pulley so he could get it done. Yesterday his grandchilden were there to say goodbye and told him it was alright to go. And a few breaths later he went. He will be missed. Prayers to his family and friends. When funeral arrangements are made I will post it so you can think of him when he's laid to rest. :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag:

Update: Phil will be creamated in a few days ... and a memorial will be planned after the holidays. I will post when that will happen. SuperMax will continues to go on. Phil has things in place so that his legacy will go on. :flag:

Last edited:

scubaman15

Wow sorry .. Its always so bittersweet ...sorry for your loss !! My Brother is battling lung Cancer right now ... going to go see him in Florida right after Christmas ..Cape Coral area near Jake . Chemo killing him he's having a ruff time ...Radiation is knocking him out sleeps most of the day ..

Raywood

The Pirate
Staff member
Calendar Participant
Troop Supporter
This is very sad news. Phil was a leader in the custom world always thinking of a better way and he will truly be missed.
I will always remember the dual belt-drive I ran on my 81 Shovel back in 82 or 83. Very inovative at the time.

RIP Phil

:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

Hello All.....
My name is Space Kitten aka Windie Ross...My father is Space Dog aka 'Phil Ross'.
I accidentally ran across this sight while Googling my Daddy...
I just wanted to say thank you to all of you for all your prayers and condolences...
My Daddy was a great man and was loved by many...
There is definitely NOBODY quite like Phillip Wayne Ross. I know that my Daddy had a very full life
he took me places and taught me things and i was always
his pride and joy...'Daddy's little girl'...I hope to have a memorial for him in Los Angeles too
for all of the people out here that have known him and love him here in California....but the worlds invited! I couldnt get on a plane fast enough that day to be by his side...
I got the first call
:(@ 1:30pm and before I could make arrangements...I got the second call...It was definitely one of the worst days
of my adult life...and am still struggling today... this was very hard for me... as it is for most...but I thank the Lord that he had such caring loving people and such a wonderful caring wife that made these last couple of years some of
the happiest years of his life....(I love you for that vyvyan!)
R.I.P. DADDY... I LOVE YOU...MUAH!!!

Last edited:

NascarNutCase

Respects to the family, absolutely.

Cancer sucks man, lost my brother to it when the poor SOB was only 17. I still miss him, he was my bud.

surferdude

dry docked
Update: Phil was creamated today. Memorial services are planned for Saturday January 9, 2010 at Windmill Park in Cornville .... just outside of Cottonwood Arizona ... weather permitting. Just got off the phone with Vyvyan and she heard that a lot of the Harley Davidson dealers on the west coast are going to or are already flying their flags half mast for Phil. I will post any changes when they happen. Ride safe. :flag: :up: :flag: