started new paint work

jimizee028

TRUE COLORS COLLISION
[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

last weekend i repainted all my sheetmetal black,this weekend i wetsanded them down flat with 600 and layed out the flames and painted them tangerine candy,sunday came in pulled the tape off and recleared the tanks and fenders...next weekend i will sand the clear flat again add my shading pinstriping and then reclear,wetsand flat again and buff...but at least we are makin headway now!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

LUPHOLE

looks real good jimi!!!--make sure that paint is all dry for the maryland ride on 12th of april, chuck

Artrigs

Nice flames, love the orange..... Tell ya what, went to a car show in cincinnati this past week end and some will let anybody paint stuff for them. There was a nicely built custom bike that had a paint job that look like a first timer did it. Anything to cut corners.... nicely done flame job.

jimizee028

TRUE COLORS COLLISION
dude i know,,my freakin standards are so high,that i know in my gut if i am impressed with a job then the job is tight and a top notch paintjob,but some of the crap i see out there that people actually think is good surprises me,and how bout them dudes at every big event we go to(daytona,myrtle beach,laconia,sturgis) that got a makeshift tent and is paintin and airbrushin somebodys bike,i dont see even a scuff pad layin around let alone some 600 or 800 grit wetsand paper to make the paint stick!!!!!!sorry but i need to lay my head down at nite and get a good nites sleep....but for every product for sale out there someone will be ready to buy it ,cause they know no better!!!!!!!

BubbleHead

Big Dog Biker test account
Jimi, your absloutely right. As you know we are both in the body and paint business. Really excellent painters, Like Tom Downey for instance, before he self destructed, are artists not "wallpainters" like so many. First of all, I am seriously impressed with the pictures and I can't wait to see the real deal in person.
Get that baby done Son! We need to ride. Love the tangerine flames! It's a smokin paint job Jim. Congrats on a fine job. You are truely an artist.
BBD

N8KAM

Verry nice :2thumbs:

Got any ideas for a red mastiff? I think it needs something just can’t figure what... Leaning towards a very light ghost flame.. I just don't know :confused:

jimizee028

TRUE COLORS COLLISION
as for the red mastiff i will tell you like i tell everyone that walks into our shop,i tend not to want to give opinions cause everyones tastes are different and if i sway you to what i like and the end product is not up to your suiting then whos in trouble???whos gonna eat a paintjob???so what i DO tell everyone is that there is a cornacopia of info on this internet and pics to boot of every different paintjob that has ever been performed on a bike ,car,boat,truck search around see what you do like and dont like,print pics and take all this info to the dude you are gonna get to do your stuff,if hes anything like me he will sit with you and shoot the shit for a bit and help you out without changin your preferences..if it is flames you desire i send everyone to this site cause this guy has done thousands of bikes and in every different color combo so you can see immediatly what works with each other Custom Motorcycle Painting and Airbrush by Attitude Custom Painting variations are endless
regular flames,real flames,long skinny flames,fat short flames ghost flames,solid flames 3 dimensional flames,pinstriped falmes candy flames,shaded,shadowed ect.ect.ect.then all the different color coordinations that go along with that...so you see where i am goin with this........

Gas Man

Cool isn't cheap
Calendar Participant
Looks good!

Must be nice to have all that and the talent on tap... you could change it up a few times a year!!

Artrigs

That is what I find to in customers... they want something, but can't figure out what that something is. I only try and get them to key on things they enjoy to maybe get the ideas flowing. U are so right though... you twist them the wrong way and then every time they look at the paint work they are unhappy. I would rather not do it and make them a bit discouraged that way than do it and them be pissed at me every time they see it.

N8KAM

Oh i understand completely... what i have in my head (no jokes please) :lol: will be different than others.. (the joke thing .. reminder...) :roll: So you have done exactly what i wanted... gave me more photos to look at.... Thanks..:2thumbs: