Springers ??

JoshT

:2thumbs: Ok fellas Ive done alot of research on here and have been tossing around the idea of swapping out my frontend to a Springer. Ive read Ahall posts and im sorry to hear what had happend. Glad to see your OK. Now I have a 04 Ridge and I was wondering what the measurements for my bike would be to keep it with the stock ride height. Also I was trying to figure out on the Dragon Springer what I should look out for on the brake mount? Im not to sure what Ahall was talking about there....any assistance would be greatfull !!!

:2thumbs: Ok fellas Ive done alot of research on here and have been tossing around the idea of swapping out my frontend to a Springer. Ive read Ahall posts and im sorry to hear what had happend. Glad to see your OK. Now I have a 04 Ridge and I was wondering what the measurements for my bike would be to keep it with the stock ride height. Also I was trying to figure out on the Dragon Springer what I should look out for on the brake mount? Im not to sure what Ahall was talking about there....any assistance would be greatfull !!!
If you go with the dragon springer then you will be using 0 rake and 0 offset batwing trees because thats the recommended trees for any neck angle under 40 degrees. If you follow my how to thread on the install you will see that you have to cut the tubes to length yourself. The failure was with the anti rotation bracket for the brake caliper. American Suspension is now called American Bike Builder and they no longer use the bracket setup I had (wonder why?). When you order your setup they will ask for your neck angle and stock setup. That helps them determine the minimum length on the fork and springer tubes then they will send them 3 to 4 inches longer so there ass is covered. If you were to order say a redneck springer that would be built to your exact specs and it would only need a type of finish you wanted.
Look through this thread for any other questions you may have. I'll help with any questions.
http://www.bigdogbiker.com/forums/how/270-how-install-american-suspension-springer.html