spitting and sputtering at 3200 - up RPM

Energy One

liferider

Looking forward to retirement
Throw that Super G away and go to a real carb! I spent 2 months and never could get it jetted correctly! Yes yes I did everything y'all told me to! Put on the Mikuni 48 and woke the Black Bitch Up!IMG_7231.JPG

Gmutoagrsv

Ya. I've been to 2 shops. First one deals with big dogs constantly. They both rejetted it and still had a huge dead spot 2750-3500. I just got done messing with it. And I think I fixed it by messing with the pump and idle mixture. Front cylinder looked slightly rich and back was a lil lean. I only rode it up and down the street but seems faster and running clean. I'm gonna take it around town and see how the plugs look after. I hope I have it fixed. I can be pussed at the shops but I'm happy I don't have to buy another. But we will see.
**update**
One thing I did not mention before is that both shops said and I had noticed a lot of deceleration backfire.
Took the bike for a ride still spitting and sputtering it backfired through the carb a couple of times noticed on the bottom of the tank there is a capped off vacuum line and same on the carb The one from the tank was misting out fuel I stopped by AutoZone grabbed a hose and connected the two and now it seems to be running awesome. Except the idle was very low I brought the bike home and adjusted the idle speed and The issue seems to be resolved. Backfire seems to be significantly less as well

Last edited: