Sissy bar

Energy One

Fitzy

Hi Guys I have decided to make my own sissybar as did Marky Marc I just cant warrant spending $400 for a BDM one unless some one has one second hand for sale to fit my mutt.
Anyway me question is can someone tell me what thickness the bar is( i think its 5/8th)and what size bolts are used to tap into the bottom of the bar
Cheers

Unsprung

In the Potters hand...
May be cheaper to fabricate rather than purchasing and then paying shipping but check out the Craigslist ad.

BWG56

Guru
Hi Guys I have decided to make my own sissybar as did Marky Marc I just cant warrant spending $400 for a BDM one unless some one has one second hand for sale to fit my mutt.
Anyway me question is can someone tell me what thickness the bar is( i think its 5/8th)and what size bolts are used to tap into the bottom of the bar
Cheers
Do a search for "collet" the screw size and bar thickness is there

Fitzy

Found it thanks Ker the 12" low boy for the mutt must be a bit different to the others, the ones i have seen didnt have any collets nor are they tapered so i will use 5/8th 304 stainless rod and tap it to suit 3/8th 1 3/4 unc grade 8 bolts does this sound wright ?

BWG56

Guru
The tapered one were the latest design from Big Dog, the screw size you have is correct. Does your struts have the mounting holes in them for a sissy bar? If it does you should be able to measure the size of the hole, my sissy bar is .685 diameter.

Fitzy

Sorry guys got a bit busy, i have a mutt with 250 rear and i do have the struts with the holes to accommodate the sissy bar i got it from Donna a few years back,if you have one you would like to sell bill i would be interested in it Im also after the luggage rack if anyone has one
Cheers