Sissy Bar Ideas

Energy One

LDO

The Cleaner
Troop Supporter
Well,
I didn't want to hi-jack Gas's thread on his sissy bar (which is howt BTW) but I was looking for ideas for a sissybar for my Mastiff. If I buy the BD fender struts, I lose my spikes as I believe those struts mount with studs thru the inside of the fender where I've got spikes going thru the strut from the outside.

Anyways, just figured I'd get some input from you guys...

FatDog

Well considering your bike, how about some with a skull or just some evil skull eyes looking back. Almost like having eye's in the back of your head.

The other thing a guy could do, taking into consideration your career would be to do something around a marine theme with the globe, anchor and eagle.

Gas Man

Cool isn't cheap
Calendar Participant
I'm almost sorry that I'm enticing you into spending more loot on the bike.

Got pics of your current struts?

Worst case couldn't you just send in your struts and have something fabed right on the struts

LDO

The Cleaner
Troop Supporter
Hope this picture shows them good. I'm trying to stay with some kind of spike theme since they're all over the bike...

Not sure if something could be welded to the ones I have or something....

Gas Man

Cool isn't cheap
Calendar Participant
I'm thinking maybe just send out the struts and have the dude just make something to add on to hold a bar. A talented guy should be able to do something...

Raywood

The Pirate
Staff member
Calendar Participant
Troop Supporter
Hope this picture shows them good. I'm trying to stay with some kind of spike theme since they're all over the bike...

Not sure if something could be welded to the ones I have or something....
LDO, here is the mount I was going to use on my 03 Mastiff but it wasn't available at the time. It's a clean mount although doesn't look very strong but if you just want to use it for a deco bar or attach a smaller bag it should be just right.
http://dayteccenter.com/sissy.htm
Cavracer may be able to machine the mount for you also.

Just for you,
Ray

Gas Man

Cool isn't cheap
Calendar Participant
He don't want that... custom. If somebody could just get crazy welding and weld a nice sleeve there so that it bottoms out like the BDM ones do... then fill in the side and grind smooth. Send out for chrome. DONE

Raywood

The Pirate
Staff member
Calendar Participant
Troop Supporter
He don't want that... custom. If somebody could just get crazy welding and weld a nice sleeve there so that it bottoms out like the BDM ones do... then fill in the side and grind smooth. Send out for chrome. DONE
:confused: Seems your idea of fab'ing, welding, grinding, finishing and chrome is way more custom than drilling and tapping two holes to bolt on these brackets?

Unless I'm not understanding properly. :flag:

Gas Man

Cool isn't cheap
Calendar Participant
I guess I was thinking more along the ideas of a custom bar... so a guy that could do that would already be working on it...

Raywood

The Pirate
Staff member
Calendar Participant
Troop Supporter
I guess I was thinking more along the ideas of a custom bar... so a guy that could do that would already be working on it...
Thats cool but I was answering his original post on how he would mount the bar to his current struts and these little brackets that Daytec make are pretty simple and a clean mount. Then you can make any sissy bar you want and have a clean mount. :cheers:

Gas Man

Cool isn't cheap
Calendar Participant
True Ray... I was looking for more of a higher end mod. May I say... a mod for a $30k bike vs a $7k Honda.

No offense bud... just saying... I'm sure Choppinsteel could do somin for a good price.

cavracer21

lol, you can always change your struts and then just drill and tap hole in them to mount your studs.

i'll try to get a pic of my new bar that i thru together fast to get down south, i think its like a 36"er, lol. its huge.

Tim

Administrator
Staff member
Founder
Lifetime Supporting Member
Calendar Participant
Troop Supporter
Supporting Member

Tim

Administrator
Staff member
Founder
Lifetime Supporting Member
Calendar Participant
Troop Supporter
Supporting Member
Struts do make it fast and easy though!.
This would look awesome on your bike LDO. Maybe add a skull or three in there. :2thumbs: