Shiny Tires

Energy One

Big Daddy 72

Custom Street Rod Interiors & Design
We all know you cant put the super slicky shiny tire stuff on a bike tire so no need to cover that, but what do you use to make your tires look fresh and clean whilst keeping them safe and road worthy?

Coolbreezin

I rarely ever wash my bike, I just keep it clean after every ride. I dont clean my tires. I keep the aluminum polish off the rubber.

Last edited:

Th3InfamousI

Administrator
Staff member
I wouldn't use anything other than water..i might spray a little cycle cleaner that's it

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk

bdm7250

Guru
Supporting Member
Don't get hung up on the way the tires look,these bikes are meant to be riddenr,especially the tires,I just take some water and soap and wash them then rinse and dry ,and ride ,hard!!!!
:agree: I don't do the tires very often, by the time I get out of my neighbourhood they need to be done again. Just from the ride today I've got a buildup of sand/dust everywhere, riding home in a damn dust storm, quite windy here today..

Big Daddy 72

Custom Street Rod Interiors & Design
Just part of cleaning the dogs up and keeping them looking new. Do what you feel is best. And I like a clean bike that makes me feel the best when riding! I'm a picky person and like my things to look just so. Again I appreciate the tip and I will put it to good use!

BWG56

Guru
:agree: I don't do the tires very often, by the time I get out of my neighbourhood they need to be done again. Just from the ride today I've got a buildup of sand/dust everywhere, riding home in a damn dust storm, quite windy here today..
Especially with all those pipes and dirt covering them in your neighborhood, what are they for anyway?

bdm7250

Guru
Supporting Member
Just part of cleaning the dogs up and keeping them looking new. Do what you feel is best. And I like a clean bike that makes me feel the best when riding! I'm a picky person and like my things to look just so. Again I appreciate the tip and I will put it to good use!
You think you're picky...you should meet dentdude, anal bastard to the extreme..:eek: :oldlaugh:

bdm7250

Guru
Supporting Member
Especially with all those pipes and dirt covering them in your neighborhood, what are they for anyway?
Temporary water main. City is re-doing the water mains and then resurfacing my street, I think the contractor doing the work is on a dentdude work schedule....:oldsmile: