SANDING WHEELS

Energy One

Mike manson

Looks good but my bike was so bad mothers didn’t do nothing on anything

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bdm7250

Guru
Supporting Member
The Tejas was really neglected for its entire life, i disassembled most of it and polished pretty much everything except the wheels with rouge red and then Mothers billet. Wheels I used 3M marine compound and finishing material, then Mothers billet. All advise came from dentdude, he knows his shine..:old2:

bigkelk9

The Tejas was really neglected for its entire life, i disassembled most of it and polished pretty much everything except the wheels with rouge red and then Mothers billet. Wheels I used 3M marine compound and finishing material, then Mothers billet. All advise came from dentdude, he knows his shine..:old2:
Yeah I just ordered the rouge bar.. and yes Kevin knows what he is talkin bout.... I mean really he is in the business.. lol

Big Daddy 72

Custom Street Rod Interiors & Design
I used Mike Lamb he's a professional polisher that has been doing all my work for years on hot rods and custom bikes as well. He never ceases to amaze me. He's grinding the bubbled/peeling up chrome off my rocker boxes and polishing my 117 for my mastiff now. The work he did on the k-9 was nothing less than perfect. That combined with Shannon's bitchin paint work took my k-9 to a whole other level. I haven't polished it in about a year and it still looks excellent. image.jpg

bigkelk9

I used Mike Lamb he's a professional polisher that has been doing all my work for years on hot rods and custom bikes as well. He never ceases to amaze me. He's grinding the bubbled/peeling up chrome off my rocker boxes and polishing my 117 for my mastiff now. The work he did on the k-9 was nothing less than perfect. That combined with Shannon's bitchin paint work took my k-9 to a whole other level. I haven't polished it in about a year and it still looks excellent. View attachment 54127
Didn' know Shannon painted.. hmmm.. might wanna holler at him bout some techniques

roadie1389

I have been using White Diamond mostly because my dad used to sell it at his shop and I have an entire case of the stuff. It works much better on a power polisher (cone, ball, wheels, etc.). I got a container of the Blue Magic Products Metal Polish Cream, and it seems to work pretty good.

Mike manson

Wash motor with aluminum wheel cleaner first, then watch the polish do its magic ... just a tip:D
That would probably work now but not the way my engine was when I started i tried using a wheel cleaner then my mother billet it was just bad I got it to good shape now mothers is a good product just not for what shape my bike was in

Mike manson

I used mothers for yrs on my other show bike I built but I took great care of it unfortunately the guy I bought this from didn’t and the price I paid reflected it when I bought bike

Big Daddy 72

Custom Street Rod Interiors & Design
Unless you buy a clean bike, the only way to make them look their best when they are not taken care of is to take them all apart and do whatever is necessary to get the shine back.

Not to beat a dead horse, but the only thing I will use on my bike is the polish I got from Mike and Mothers Billet. So far I have had real good success with keeping it wiped down (polished parts) with flannel cut in to cloth sizes.

bigkelk9

I can’t believe that white diamond didn’t do much of nothing to my bike

I used white diamond on one side and that bling crap in the other side.. big difference. I just really don't see the point in buying that stuff for 20 bucks. I mean it's better then turtle wax name brand stuff and that's about it. But I'm always up for trying something new. Did my pulley with mothers and it had the most brilliant shine with the least amount of work.. it's always a coin toss between mothers and white diamond. So I'm happy i tried n e ways.

Mike manson

I used white diamond on one side and that bling crap in the other side.. big difference. I just really don't see the point in buying that stuff for 20 bucks. I mean it's better then turtle wax name brand stuff and that's about it. But I'm always up for trying something new. Did my pulley with mothers and it had the most brilliant shine with the least amount of work.. it's always a coin toss between mothers and white diamond. So I'm happy i tried n e ways.
I didn’t buy for the shine I bought blingmaster to get the oxidation off and it work ed better for me then both of those products