S&S Single Bore Intake

Energy One

lee

I mounted the intake today and everything went well but the breather head bolts supplied did not fit my bike. They provide two different sizes but even the smaller was too big. Does anyone know if they do them to fit our bikes? Does it make any difference whether or not you use them? I have a PM into Nelson on this as well.

Many thanks
Lee

You do not need actual breather bolts as our engines breathe from the rear of the heads. Once you determine the length all you need is any standard 5/16-18 bolt. These are strictly for mounting purposes only on the 05 and up models.(also the 04 models if you have the 117 motor)

lee

Thanks gents - they did also supply standard bolts so all seems ok - one of them wouldn't actually screw in though so I had to use one of the old ones I took out - par for the course for me for the last couple of days!

Thanks again
Lee

lee

I should have known I suppose - if breather bolts were needed I guess they would have already been on there with the stock intake

Well I need breather bolts on my new stuff.:D
Before I had banjo bolts, ...Is that right??:confused:
where the hose led to the filter.

Raywood

The Pirate
Staff member
Calendar Participant
Troop Supporter
I should have known I suppose - if breather bolts were needed I guess they would have already been on there with the stock intake
Lee, all 05's and newer had the new "Twin Cam" style breathers. You have your front head breathing into the manifold and the rear hose (larger) breathes into the back of your air cleaner plate in the stock set up.
With a new air cleaner you have to figure out what to do with the rear hose.
Some just vent it to the bottom of the bike with a filter on the end.
My Wimmer system has a fitting on the mounting plate for that hose to vent back into the carb.
Several topics on this subject here.

Good luck,
Ray

lee

The new intake has a similar fitting on it for the hose to the stock bracket - thanks Ray