Reflectors and procrastination

Energy One

Alicat

Hanging out
Well boys I finally was going to get around to taking my reflectors off when I looked behind the rear reflectors and the dang rivet in the inside of the reflector had not only scratched my paint but wore a spot down clear to the bare metal.... ANY IDEAS?

Al

Tim

Administrator
Staff member
Founder
Lifetime Supporting Member
Calendar Participant
Troop Supporter
Supporting Member
That sucks, I'm pulling mine off when I get back.

Chopper Dave

SIICK!!!
That was the first thing I did after my bike was delivered.....lose the reflectors! Al...I thought you already had taken your reflectors off?

Thumper

Calendar Participant
Well boys I finally was going to get around to taking my reflectors off when I looked behind the rear reflectors and the dang rivet in the inside of the reflector had not only scratched my paint but wore a spot down clear to the bare metal.... ANY IDEAS?

Al

Call BD and get some touch up paint, would be my only suggestion. I have touched up my frame in the front due to road debris and cant tell.

Alicat

Hanging out
Naahh hadn't taken the reflectors off, was kinda waiting until I bought some red led lighting to go with the red pinstriping on my bike...LED lighting you say, LOL yea, what can I say I was raised in Detroit!
I guess I'll call BD Monday and see what they say...I thought these frames were powder coated though.
I think I'll cruise over to American Cycle Mart (local BD dealership) and see what they say being as I need a new foot peg anyway just to see what I can get done under warranty...

Thumper, did you get BD touch up paint or just buy some stuff locally?

Al

Gas Man

Cool isn't cheap
Calendar Participant
The frames are powdercoated but you can get touch up paint to cover it.

Alicat... I'm going to ACM Monday as well. Guess what.. my starter gasket is leaking a bit as well. Not as bad as yours but it has been leaving one drip everytime I park for a while. Just want to get it fixed along with a few other odd ball things. I'm going in for the speedo and to get my front pegs warrentied as well. What time you going there? Maybe I'll see ya there. I got to arrange a ride home so I'm not sure when I'll get there.

Alicat

Hanging out
Chris, I don't usually get out and start my bike stuff until at least 11 am or so (it's to loud for to early unless I really have to be somewhere) So I can meet you up there anytime after that.
Al

Alicat

Hanging out
Thanks Thumper,
I called BD and got no answer yesterday and no call back after leaving a message but I called my local dealership and had them order a paint touch up kit from them.
Al