Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

quick question......

Discussion in 'General' started by CuDaMaN, May 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chubs

chubs Well-Known Member

My Bike(s):
    2002 pitbull Prostreet -- 2003 XL 1200 C
    First Name:
    runky
    How exactly does that work? do they loosen back up at lower speed, or continue to get tighter and tighter every time you exceed 120 ?

2. BWG56

BWG56 Guru

My Bike(s):
    Big Dog, SpyderF3
    First Name:
    Ker
    They work like a centrifugal clutch, speed up it grips tighter, slow down it eases off to the preset torque, reverse speeds over 120 with loosen them, so that's a no no.
    Kinda like battery bolts, but different, red loctite and then 90in/lbs, then ya don't have to check them every ride, or maybe some people just check every nut and bolt before a ride. Too soon:oldhardlaugh:

francoblay1 likes this.
  3. Forsaken

Forsaken Active Member

My Bike(s):
    2005 Big Dog Chopper
    First Name:
    Gil
  4. chubs

chubs Well-Known Member

My Bike(s):
    First Name:
    runky
    The next time yer out at the airport, watch the guy getting ready to fly his light plane. He'll walk all around it moving the flaps by hand and check a sample of his fuel looking for water and sediments. Then He's likely to run his hand all along the leading edge of the wings, and check out the prop. Heck, he ought to just fire that thing up and go. No need to check everything each time it goes up, it was okay the last time! Seen a lot of safety wires on fasteners on those things, but not that much of the red bolt glue . Shannon likes to check the bike out each ride, you like to grease bearings each trip, Whose wrong ?? I say NEITHER ONE OF YOU !!

francoblay1 and Unsprung like this.
  5. SomeTexan

SomeTexan Member

My Bike(s):
    05 Big Dog Ridgeback
    First Name:
    Adam
    Another thing to consider, it is supposed to be law that you are required to do a full safety inspection before you start your vehicle. Battery cables are on the list of things to check. Unfortunatly they don’t enforce that law very well. I wish they did because it would keep a lot of trash off the road. This pilot and former truck driver makes it a point to check everything before driving because I don’t want to endanger the lives of others. Of course some people here only care about themselves, not the safety of others on the road. So, in other words, only one of the two people you were speaking to is right. When I was a trucker, I earned my Highway Angel pin and some second and third degree burns because an idiot didn’t do a simple walk around and notice a bad tire. When you see kids in a burning car, you start to take vehicle safety seriously unless you are sub human. I’ve also helped pull bodies out of a car that wrecked because of an idiot driving with all kinds of off road lights blinded them and murdered them.

PROFLYER, francoblay1 and chubs like this.
  6. BWG56

BWG56 Guru

My Bike(s):
    Big Dog, SpyderF3
    First Name:
    Ker
    Taken to an extremely different level as usual Chubs, battery cable comes loose, answer:use loctite, I don't wanna use loctite, ok, then check it every time you wanna ride. Its not rocket science.:oldhardlaugh:Kinda like telling your kids growing up. that's going to hurt, no I won't.:cry: I told ya so, do what ya want, and like its gonna effect me.

francoblay1 likes this.
  7. BWG56

BWG56 Guru

My Bike(s):
    Big Dog, SpyderF3
    First Name:
    Ker
    I wonder what the statistics are as far as people being blinded by lights and crashing into bikers vs people not seeing a biker and pulling out in front of him cause they didn't see the biker. Hmmmm, that's a no brainer.
    Time to stick a fork in it, I believe its done:yesnod:

cdogg556 likes this.
  8. cdogg556

cdogg556 Guru

My Bike(s):
    2009 Big Dog Mastiff, Chrome Package, DOC's ESC, 585 cam, VH Big Radius Exhaust, 2.5" fwd cntls.
    First Name:
    John
    :yesnod: Done! :old2:Over! :old2:Kaput! :old2:Asta la vista baby! :hi:Hehe!:oldlaugh:

francoblay1 and BWG56 like this.
  9. pknowles

pknowles Getting better by the day...---... GURU
    Supporting Member

My Bike(s):
    , 2012 CVO Streetglide, 07k9 MAKIN IT MY OWN
    First Name:
    paul
    If you really want to get your eyes opened, the next time you go for a ride in a vehicle take a pencil or pin and stick it in your shirt pocket. The first time you see a motorcycle coming at you take the pen and hold it up in front of you and in line with the motorcycle and you will see the bike disappear. This just proves how easy it is to NOT see a motorcycle ..lights or no lights it's up to us to watch the others and try to keep from getting ran over. Not trying to take sides or start an argument but it's a fact that we are harder to spot on a bike. Stay safe is the same as telling everyone to watch out for yourself as best as possible. SITUATION AWARENESS

10. SomeTexan

SomeTexan Member

My Bike(s):
    05 Big Dog Ridgeback
    First Name:
    Adam
    About 95% don’t get reported because the driver with the high beams on fled the scene instead of stopping and rendering aid. Believe it or not, that actually is a pretty big problem. A cop in Waco was driving with his brights on and put 4 riders in the ER and 2 in the ground about 3 years ago. About a year after that, near Austin a biker group all riding with their high beams on blondes a school bus driver coming home from a football game. Luckily no deaths, but a lot of kids got hurt.

But, let’s get this straight. You didn’t slap a bunch of lights on a motorcycle, you slapped them on a car. Maybe more of a dune buggy than a normal car, but it doesn’t meet the requirements to be a motorcycle, ie having only 2 wheels. That is endangering motorcyclists to make your car safer. No ifs, ands or buts about it. Now it’s done and you can stick a fork in it. Unless you want to keep harping on your cripple cruiser and how much better it is than the motorcycles that this forum is dedicated to.

chubs likes this.
  11. cdogg556

cdogg556 Guru

My Bike(s):
    2009 Big Dog Mastiff, Chrome Package, DOC's ESC, 585 cam, VH Big Radius Exhaust, 2.5" fwd cntls.
    First Name:
    John
    :oldeek: [​IMG]

BWG56 likes this.
  12. BWG56

BWG56 Guru

My Bike(s):
    Big Dog, SpyderF3
    First Name:
    Ker
    upload_2017-10-17_8-26-9.gif

cdogg556 likes this.
  13. cdogg556

cdogg556 Guru

My Bike(s):
    First Name:
    John
    BWG56 likes this.
  14. BWG56

BWG56 Guru

My Bike(s):
    Big Dog, SpyderF3
    First Name:
    Ker
    I'm glad I don't live in Texas, sounds like everybody is running one another over:oldhardlaugh::oldhardlaugh::oldhardlaugh:

Reddickracing and cdogg556 like this.
  15. BWG56

BWG56 Guru

My Bike(s):
    Big Dog, SpyderF3
    First Name:
    Ker
    :cry:

16. BWG56

BWG56 Guru

My Bike(s):
    Big Dog, SpyderF3
    First Name:
    Ker
    :cry:
    Threatening someone on a public forum isn't very smart, :willynilly:

17. chubs

chubs Well-Known Member

My Bike(s):
    First Name:
    runky
    I'm NOT taking sides in that , but would you BOTH drop it and move on with life !?!? PLEASE !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Mr. Wright and Forsaken like this.
  18. SomeTexan

SomeTexan Member

My Bike(s):
    05 Big Dog Ridgeback
    First Name:
    Adam
    It’s been dropped. Just pointing out that sack of shit’s little dirty tricks. He has been insulting me in multiple threads, so if he keeps going it, I’ll be there to point him out. If you haven’t noticed, he has gone back and edited his posts, thinking that will cover his tracks. It’s pretty disgusting that this site allows someone like him to hang around actually.

19. chubs

chubs Well-Known Member

My Bike(s):
    First Name:
    runky
    Actually, that's the beauty of this forum. ( in my opinion ). Yes sometimes we can rub others the wrong way, and I'm sure I get on other folks nerves, but the diversity of all the people here is a big part what makes this the best forum going! PEACE , and Stay Safe .

BWG56 and Forsaken like this.
  20. SomeTexan

SomeTexan Member

My Bike(s):
    05 Big Dog Ridgeback
    First Name:
    Adam
    I like diverse forums. That part is good. But when you see a guy editing his posts to change content and shift blame, you have a habitual liar. They can cause havoc, and will always lie to screw over everyone else. That is not someone who is welcome on any group forums. Ride safe, but be careful about who you ride with. Some people will always stab someone in the back...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.