Primary side heavy

Energy One

97 Bagger

Thanks for the add.
Kinda new to the fat tire bike, but am wondering, does anyone else feel like the primary side of your bike is waaaay heavier than the exhaust side ?
I know the RSD on newer models alleviates some issues, but DAMN! my 2001 mastiff is a bitch to ride more than 10 miles or so.
Anything?

Th3InfamousI

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for the add.
Kinda new to the fat tire bike, but am wondering, does anyone else feel like the primary side of your bike is waaaay heavier than the exhaust side ?
I know the RSD on newer models alleviates some issues, but DAMN! my 2001 mastiff is a bitch to ride more than 10 miles or so.
Anything?
never noticed the difference honestly and I got both a left side and a right side drive......a bitch to ride?

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk

Rottweiler

Thanks for the add.
Anything?
Have you checked your front forks for leaks? If one is leaking it may pull to that side?
Do you mean while in a parking lot or going down the road?

Sven

Stand in front of the bike. Look down the middle. Take a sawsall and start at the front wheel and follow the chalked cut line. Weigh each half. I knew the primary side was the heavy side without putting a tooth across the parts to find out, hello?

Alex, for 200 dollars I'll take post #3, are my forks square to the tree or one fork is dropped some and then pulls some.

Oh you're gonna get it now. Here comes franco. I told you so!

what?

i've gone to a 2 into 1 exhaust and probably got rid of a few pounds off the right side. i run a swing arm bag on the primary side as well. never noticed any weight shift. only tracking of the bike happens when i ride on roads with slight ruts due to truck traffic and the big back tire.

Nukeranger

Nukeranger
Supporting Member
I only notice it when I'm riding with no hands.
So true....I used to ride quite a bit with no hands and my ridgeback with 330 back tire was a little heavy I think on the right side with the V&H 2 into 1 and the spike filter. So, I believe these changed the balance just a little but again only noticeable when riding with no hands

:chopper:

pknowles

RETIRED
Supporting Member
So true....I used to ride quite a bit with no hands and my ridgeback with 330 back tire was a little heavy I think on the right side with the V&H 2 into 1 and the spike filter. So, I believe these changed the balance just a little but again only noticeable when riding with no hands

:chopper:
I have a dumb ass question, Why would you want to ride with no hands? Just curious.

Nukeranger

Nukeranger
Supporting Member
There's never a dumb question.

You may want to ride with no hands to get that good picture with your iPhone or maybe just stretch your arms and back.

There are a lot of reasons but not a lot of people can or even do it.:)

badyellowvette

I do notice something, I don't know what it is maybe it is heaver on the left side. I know I can corner to the right better. When cornering left I have to be a little more careful and aware of the road condition and slower.

Nukeranger

Nukeranger
Supporting Member
I think everyone is that way on cornering, as I am that way. The other thing maybe you need to switch your wallet, mine is in my left, so it might make the bike feel level.
That's too funny.....:oldhardlaugh::oldhardlaugh::oldhardlaugh:

Crap, ,maybe you're right.....no wait a minute my wallet is already on the light side.

I know what's wrong..........I have to add more money to my wallet. :):D:whoop: