picked up my bike

delly2

Banned
well guys i picked up my 05 bd ridgeback the other day,the bike is all stock, bike seems a little sluggish,but im assuming because it is stock, i just ordered a set of big radious pipes, a super g carb kit,jetkit,and d&m filter,im hoping this wakes the dog up,we shall see..first i need to get the recalls fixed,the previous owner never did them the bike only has 500 miles on it... contacted bd and they send i have 3 recalls and a couple service bullitin recalls, so its goin in next week.. i had built a 250 tire rigid pro street with a 113 el bruto motor with a g carb, and let me tell ya this bike hauled ass,lifted the tire off about 2 feet and rode it out,fast bike,im hoping the dog with a few basic mods will improve to the old bike. i noticed the bd has a serious popping on decel,is this normal with these bikes? thanks guys ..

steel

well guys i picked up my 05 bd ridgeback the other day,the bike is all stock, bike seems a little sluggish,but im assuming because it is stock, i just ordered a set of big radious pipes, a super g carb kit,jetkit,and d&m filter,im hoping this wakes the dog up,we shall see..first i need to get the recalls fixed,the previous owner never did them the bike only has 500 miles on it... contacted bd and they send i have 3 recalls and a couple service bullitin recalls, so its goin in next week.. i had built a 250 tire rigid pro street with a 113 el bruto motor with a g carb, and let me tell ya this bike hauled ass,lifted the tire off about 2 feet and rode it out,fast bike,im hoping the dog with a few basic mods will improve to the old bike. i noticed the bd has a serious popping on decel,is this normal with these bikes? thanks guys ..

sluggish?........might be something else besides just "stock". mine shits and gets now and did when she was stock.

N8KAM

Good to here that there is a new dog in the pound...:2thumbs:

BUT

i must say...

:worthless:

Seriously ... Congrats on the new Scoot

tommyboy

The pop is normal to a point when you change pipes and rejet alot may go away.I can tell you though that el bruto had close to 120hp where the dog may have 105hp stock so you have about 15hp to make up.The good news the ridgeback is one of the best riding hardtails out there.

Chopper Dave

SIICK!!!
take out the restictor plates and throw in a cam.....that will wake your shit right up!:whoop: congrats on the new scoot...and yeah.....put up some pic's!

BBChopper

Supports 2 Disabled Vets
Troop Supporter
take out the restictor plates and throw in a cam.....that will wake your shit right up!:whoop: congrats on the new scoot...and yeah.....put up some pic's!
Damn thats scarry if I typed faster we would have posted at the same time.

delly2

Banned
thanks guys,when i put the new carb on and intake i will see if the restictor plates are there,they prob are thou the guy b 4 me did nothing to the bike,im thinking with the g carg, changed jetting n the pipes and filter should def. wake the bike up,hopefully better throttle response.. as far as handling i will agree as to this bike 4 being a hardtail handles excellent,not like my last rigid.. does ne body know why bd put a e carb on the 05 and gcarb on all the rest of the years? the e carb is to small,and recommended for engines up to 96" only, the g is for 100" and all the way up,seems weird as to why they would that..

Chopper Dave

SIICK!!!
thanks guys,when i put the new carb on and intake i will see if the restictor plates are there,they prob are thou the guy b 4 me did nothing to the bike,im thinking with the g carg, changed jetting n the pipes and filter should def. wake the bike up,hopefully better throttle response.. as far as handling i will agree as to this bike 4 being a hardtail handles excellent,not like my last rigid.. does ne body know why bd put a e carb on the 05 and gcarb on all the rest of the years? the e carb is to small,and recommended for engines up to 96" only, the g is for 100" and all the way up,seems weird as to why they would that..
That was thta EPA shit.....they put restrictor plates and a smaller cam....then in 06 they went with the G carbs...did away with the restrictor plates...still have the smaller cam..... .569 cam restrictive exhaust....

so if the orginal owner didn't do anything to your bike...you still have the plates in it.....
I just had a S&S .600 cam installed in my scoot.....and my bike already had the .640 springs in it....:whoop:
alot of guys are running the .600 cam on here....oh and if you want more throttle response....get your carb xXx ... I am doing mine at the end of summer...

lee

yep...although arguably a E may give better throttle response down low due to the smaller venturi, faster air flow