? on Thunderheart Ignition Module

zenBD

Has anyone used the programmable as a replacement for the stock one... On a bike with no mods? If so, what settings are best for totally stock applications?

makithapn

I run 3 in south Florida at sea level no problems 2006 k9.
when I'm at 5 to 6000 ft like blue ridge Parkway I got a little spark knock when lugging the motor on slow curves, I also run premium all the time.
hope this helps

zenBD

If you have the issue with the tac not working properly, what do you have to do to fix it?

zenBD

Yeah I saw 33 & 34.,, guess I meant inside the program. Is it pretty obvious how to adjust it? I haven't opened the software yet

Brew

Troop Supporter
Its easy to do and I didn't see any specific instructions on how to do it in the owners manual but it does mention that a Tac Cal may be required if the RPMs arent reading correct.

When you open the program with the data cable hooked up to the lap top and ignition module, you can have the scoot running, but its not required, but the ignition must be on so the program can link up to the module.

*** It's important to know that if the Link button isn't green, then your not connected to the ignition module, so anything type of adjustments you make will not be kept or made. ***

Connect the data cable to you lap top and to the ignition module.

1) Open the Smartlink program on your lap top.

2) Turn the ignition on or start the scoot.

3) Click on the Link button (It's located above the graph next to the Monitor button). The color should change from Red to Green, this means you're connected to the module.

4) On the laptop screen under tuning maps click on "Module Configuration" and it will expand.

4) Click on Basic settings.

5) You'll be viewing the module settings.

6) Locate the button named "Tachometer Cal."

7) Click on that button.

8) A Basic Setting Value entry window will pop up with a value range. The lower block will have a value of "0" or "1"

9) You need to change that value. If it's "0" then change it to "1" If it's "1" then change it to "0". Once you change it then click ok.

10) Then hit click on the close button to close the basic settings window.

11) Click on the "Module Configuration" drop down menu to collapse the file.

12) Click on the Link button which will change from Green to Red.

13) Click on file and Exit. The program will ask if you want to save the file and I usually do! I usually save it to my docs.

14) Turn off ignition or shut down the scoot and disconnect the data cable from the module.

If you didn't do this with the scoot running, then start the scoot and verify the RPMs are displaying correctly. I'd rather do this while the scoot is running to keep the battery from draining and I can see that the change took by verifying the RPMs are correct and following throttle responses. That's just my opinion though...

francoblay1

The Spaniard
The PDF Manuals are too big to upload here.... if you want them I will e-Mail it to you... but it´s a piece of cake. :up:

:cheers:

zenBD

Thanks Brew... Just what I was wondering. Much appreciated. Thanks as well, Franco but it sounds easy enough. I think I'm going to do the ignition ahead of the cam install, just to tied me over. I'm interested to see the difference with isIt the ignition, then compare it to the 585 install

prairiehorse

Well...was scooting along and bike shut down. Turns out ignition failed. Was thunderheart. Tried to email brooks but email no longer valid. Any ideas on forum members with thunderheart?
Need to see if any kind of warranty (prob not as @4 years ago purchased) but figured I'd try... Got to get another one regardless.
Any help appreciated.
Guess the battery plates broke causing power spike which fried th ignition. Replaced with old stock one and fired right up.... Dammit regarding the th......

prairiehorse

Thnx Curtis. Doubtful they can do anything so most likely be ordering from you Monday. Wanted to get proper bigdogbiker connectors on ends tho.... Like my last order

SideArm

I tried to send her a email and I got a reply that the email address is invalid is there any other contact info for them :cheers:

SideArm

thunder heart

I tried to send her a email and I got a reply that the email address is invalid is there any other contact info for them :cheers: