No Spark, random?

Birdman NZ

Hey all, when i asked you last time. you said new battery, new plugs and fresh gas. worked a charm for 2 days, started first time no problem. parked it 2 weeks ago, go to start.... no go, no spark, battery charger says charged.
is it me or EHC? frustrated biker

Ohmster

Kansas Motorcycle Works
Pull the seat off and on the rear fender with be your ignition module. Turn the key on and then hit the run button on the handle bars. Red LED on the ignition module should light up for 2 seconds then go out. If it does your EHC is fine since it just supplies power to the ignition module. If not, then I would look at the EHC 12vdc input to the module.

Once that checks out ok then hit the start button. The red LED should flash while it is cranking. If it doesn't then you need to check your cam plate output signal or it could be your ignition module but I would check the cam plate first.

If it flashes and still no spark see if your coil is getting 12vdc. If it is getting 12vdc when you hit the run button then you need to ohm out your coil and check your plug wires.

Birdman NZ

Pull the seat off and on the rear fender with be your ignition module. Turn the key on and then hit the run button on the handle bars. Red LED on the ignition module should light up for 2 seconds then go out. If it does your EHC is fine since it just supplies power to the ignition module. If not, then I would look at the EHC 12vdc input to the module.

Once that checks out ok then hit the start button. The red LED should flash while it is cranking. If it doesn't then you need to check your cam plate output signal or it could be your ignition module but I would check the cam plate first.

If it flashes and still no spark see if your coil is getting 12vdc. If it is getting 12vdc when you hit the run button then you need to ohm out your coil and check your plug wires.
Brilliant instruction, i will give it a try and let you know, cheers

Birdman NZ

Hi Ohmster, i checked the ingition module as suggested. Red light did not go out. the EHC input seemed okay, move it around a bit, and it would do funny things to the bike. but seems okay. then i checked the Voltage regulator. i have an 05 (apprently faulty and due for Recall? ) i disconneted the battery for 15 mins to reset EHC also suggested, this had no effect either? you mentioned the cam plate output< were is that located? any ideas? cheers

Raywood

The Pirate
Staff member
Calendar Participant
Troop Supporter
Hi; Can anyone give me advise on this issue.
PM Jason (Ohmster) as he only comes on here every now and then. But a PM will be sent to his email and he will respond to you.

He is the expert at the factory on all electical issues.

Hope you get it running.

:cheers: :cheers:

Birdman NZ

Gidday Raywood, thank you for thread, we have had the best summer down under, i havent had the bike on the road as often as i wanted because of relability. all i want to do is ride... cheers from Sunny NZ