need paint info

Energy One

bler57

Hello All,

Just purchased a 2004 Pitbull that needs a repaint. It is a dark maroon metallic and I am trying to find out what color it is and where to get the paint to match. Any help is appreciated. Love this bike!!! Awesome power.

Bler

Tim

Administrator
Staff member
Founder
Lifetime Supporting Member
Calendar Participant
Troop Supporter
Supporting Member
I would look for a good painter in your area that can determine the color. When I bought my bike, I sat down with the sales manager and he told me about my paint. He said they custom order most of their paint jobs and choose the colors from catalogs, like PPG, which they did for my bike.

So, it is my understanding that Big Dog really does custom paint. Much different then a car where you only have a few color choices.

Many of our members have more experience with Big Dog's then I do so, lets see what they have to say too.

Raywood

The Pirate
Staff member
Calendar Participant
Troop Supporter
bler, email BDM with your vin and they will give you your paint codes and any other info on your bike. This will ensure your new bike has all the updated recalls/service bulletin mods completed.

Welcome to Big Dog Biker,
Ray

Tim

Administrator
Staff member
Founder
Lifetime Supporting Member
Calendar Participant
Troop Supporter
Supporting Member
bler, email BDM with your vin and they will give you your paint codes and any other info on your bike. This will ensure your new bike has all the updated recalls/service bulletin mods completed.

Ray
Yeah, you could take the easy way out and save yourself a lot of leg work... :roll:

Great info Ray. :up:

Gas Man

Cool isn't cheap
Calendar Participant

Ray
Yes... and the paint rep is Nick at BDM

bler57

Thanks for the quick replies guys!! Next question, does anyone have a phone number or email for BDC? I have been looking on the internet and am coming up empty. Bler

CCRainman

Bler, if you are looking to get it painted by a shop. I highly recommend you talk to Vickie at KC Creations. Scott their paint guy did my 03 split tanks and they came out like the factory. I have pearl white with reversed silver flames which is a pretty hard color.

Oscar Maldonado

Guru
Calendar Participant
There is a project number stamped on the neck. Call BDM and they give you the exact color. It will be a letter with four numbers following.

ex - H2856