Mastiff 2008

Energy One

pauly

These are the Clevis Brackets i have, but it sits too low.. Pegs hits the pipes..

With those peg mounts the peg should not touch the pipes Kevin. Have another look at both mounts in the pics.
You might have the other one's.

Paul.

Bolly

Hi Guys.. Not having too much luck! Ive got the extenders and the Right Pegs easily clears the exhaust pipes but the left ped hits the left guard chrome rail..
So ive removed the right extender and the peg still clears the exhaust by an inch.. Problem is i feel the rubber surounding the peg may melt?
Without the left extender, the peg doesnt hit the guard rail.
Peg 2.jpg Peg.jpg

bdm7250

Guru
Supporting Member
Hi Guys.. Not having too much luck! Ive got the extenders and the Right Pegs easily clears the exhaust pipes but the left ped hits the left guard chrome rail..
So ive removed the right extender and the peg still clears the exhaust by an inch.. Problem is i feel the rubber surounding the peg may melt?
View attachment 55915 View attachment 55916
Never had an issue with the rubber melting, stock mounts installed correctly work fine with the big radius..
20170709_144348_resized.jpg 20170709_144239_resized.jpg

BWG56

Guru
View attachment 55915 View attachment 55916
I agree with Chucky, mine is the same way without the extender and I've never had a problem with melting, mine has been this way since new, 11yrs now and no melting. You good to go:old2:

By the way your bike looks amazingly clean Kevin :old2:

Bolly

I agree with Chucky, mine is the same way without the extender and I've never had a problem with melting, mine has been this way since new, 11yrs now and no melting. You good to go:old2:
Thanks.. I'll go that way then..
That's solves the the left peg program..
Cheers.. Kevin

Bolly

Thanks for your imput .
The bike is a very low milage bike..
Pretty sure it came from California .. Now lives in Adelaide Australia

By the way your bike looks amazingly clean Kevin :old2:

Bolly

So what has happened there?
Looks like you only wasted your money on those elevators after all.

Paul.
Looks like it Paul..
I never bolted the Clevis mounts and Pegs when they arrived... but it looked very close to the exhaust pipes..
So I ordered Extenders and fitted them, but the left peg was hitting the chrome guard rail.. So I removed the extenders and found the right peg had a one inch gap from the exhaust pipes .
The guys here are saying it won't melt the rubber around the peg, so that's how I'm leaving them...
Cheers..