MARVELS MYSTERY OIL

Mad Dog

ValueTeck Enterprises
Never big on additives. Run a good synthetic, keep it clean and your good to go.:2thumbs:

armad

I've used it in the gas on all my bikes for years, especially when I put them in storage. Never tried it in the oil. It is a good top end lube, and a gas preserver.

K9Anniv

I put Sea Foam in my gas tank when I prep for winter down time...that's it.
Sea Foam | Home

Didn't know Marvels Mystery Oil had so many uses...I'll have to check it out.

thepearle

Got out my John Deere tractor last night just before dark just to mulch-up some leaves motor ticking like crazy, checked oil, oil level was fine. So my thought was I'll fix your damn ass. I gave it a swollow of Marvels Mystery Oil , a shot in the oil & a shot in the gas. Went in house to get something , By the time that I came out noise was gone! Brother I mean " GONE " motor was purring like a Kitten!

twowheel99

When I first started in the auto parts business, I trained with one of the oldest guys on the sales counter. He was a great person and never had a bad thing to say about anyone. To this day I remember him and his old 53 Chevy, he would grab a can of MM oil and 4 qts of 30 Non Detergent motor oil and change his oil. So I ask him one day why and he said that he had used it for along time and he even had a saying......
"Its a Marvel what it does and a Mystery how it does it"
Sorta reminds me of snakeoil in a can, but alot of people swear by it. I know if you put a can in your engine prior to a oil change you'll be amazed at the crap it will clean out of a old motor......

Ray

It kinda weirds me out adding anything in the oil. I do use Luca oil additives( like a glass of lemonade with a shot of whiskey, about that mixture) but not to the scooter. I enjoy polishing them until it is blinding, even though people say I am pretty good at turning wrenches and fixing stuff, well it is just something I avoid if I can help it.

Ray

05 old dog

how many oz per gl. of gas are you guys using...and when adding to oil to CLEAN if you will how much...the only cans ofMM ive seen have been gallons...thanks

BigDogBro1

Made in the USA
Just in my air tools.

I use SeaFoam Sea Foam | Home In fuel tanks to clean and stabilize for storage. I run a half bottle of Lucas oil additive with every oil change as well.

Last edited:

Five Five

I'm not keen on additives....Just seems to mask a potential problem
I run Mobil-1 synthetic in my scoot and I got to tell you when I tore my motor down to do a complete rebuild..... I was absolutely shocked how fricken clean my motor looked on the inside....Seriously it looked new ....

Last edited:

Trainguy

Chromeoholic
I used it to fog up my boat engines when putting them away for winter. Poured it direct in the carb to coat all the upper end:2thumbs:

thepearle

the back of the bottle tells you 4 oz's to 10 gallons of gas. but i've heard of farmers using it much stronger dose. Look up their website sometime its pretty interesting! I can remember as a child at my grandfathers general store in Rochele Va. in Madison county always having it up on the shelf. The cans were metal in those days , not plastic like todays bottles.

scubaman15

Super penetrating oil !! Good stuff ! Used it once to free a sticky hyd lifter and it worked ... Fogged a few motors with it "till I found Sea foam" it will help remove carbon deposits and free sticky rings and lifters .. I don't use it anymore in engines but do use it for my air tools and air motors on some color stirrers I have out in the field ! Remember my Dad using it down the throat of the Carb of his Caddy's I remember the white cloud!!! mostly !! I have some in the garage in a spray bottle to free up frozen parts ... works well!!!

pknowles

RETIRED
Supporting Member
If you are changing your oil every 2500 miles, how can the inside get dirty. back in the 70's we would run non-detergent quaker state and it would gum up in the engines but today, with the blended oils I don't see them retaining enough carbon to build up. At 2500 miles my oil is just starting to darken.:flag: