Man Down - minermark-

minermark

You better believe it....good ole corporate outsourcing. For now we're making all the jet landing gear here in Wichita, but they have yet to determine where they're going to build the new jets. We already have a facility in China to produce the Skycatcher. Made in China, reassembled in the USA. Probably marketed as a made in a America product? Now that Textron is calling the shots its only a matter of time before we go the way of Montgomery Wards!!
Well that news is pretty dam depressing......

minermark

An update:
The dog is gettin refurbed for the next six weeks at least, this is fine as the wife and i consider the V8 trike idea, so far she seems to really like the idea.
Im looking for someone local to check these critters out in person.
I have found these V8 trike guys also have their own forum just like this one.

I've seen the V8 Choppers before.....there nice. They always have a couple of vendor spots at BBBQ in Fayetteville every year. There biult in Miami, Oklahoma.

minermark

Wish I could get a test ride on one of those I bet it goes like hell in a straight line :whoop:
Well one thing is for sure, if there is a bike that can out-show-stop a bigdog this would be one of them.
And i am really seriously thinking this one through, the real trick here is to buy used, friggin $50K is a tad pricey for a new one.

minermark

Well it's been a month and the dog is still being totaly rebuilt in the shop, i should stop by next week and drop off the seat, then i will see the progress.
This is mining season and we only get a few weeks, going up again today for the last time this year, the guys at the claim are pulling in a nugget a day they tell me, they just dont say how big they are, Fkn pricks.
Bottle of $100 dollar scotch and a case of corona, back next week......

Ray

glad you came through that as good as you did , those pavement low spots / high spots are terrible when you hit em just right,, almost busted my butt a few times too,,,, a friend of mine jumped his gold wing last week 6 broken ribs , puntured lung and broke his leg in two places and road rash , wet road connditions

hope you heal up fast ,, wish you the very best ,

Ray

when you all get as old as I am you don't seem to heal up as fast ,,, seems to hurt more too,,

mzinna

Zman
You should be able to sue the HWY Dept. for such a STUPID transition. They are supposed to be aware of motorcyclists using the road system. At the very least it will wake them up to watching this sort of thing in the future so as to NOT kill the next motorcyclist!!! :down:

minermark

Found you a nice trike:
Trike "RAD"
Thanx tommy, but when i get one it will be no less than a V8 chopper, the dog is STILL in the shop and by now should be painted (frame), i will get by there next week and give an update, a new swingarm had to be built and we could not paint the bike till we got it in last week.

mastiffdave

Hey guys just saw this post and yes the V8 choppers are the way to go. They are made in NE oklahoma and the owner is a good friend of mine. If I could swing it I would have one of those bikes in a second, they are first class all the way. Heck even Rub Whore is riding one of them I believe. Double D looked at them during BBQ and has been trying to figure out a way to purchase one.

Viking

Biker
Glad to hear you healed up and that the bike is being rebuilt. But look at your own signature before getting that three wheeler......

francoblay1

The Spaniard
Hey Mark, what about an update???? :D

:cheers:

Hummm, just noticed his last day here was on 12-26-2012 .... I hope he is ok!

Last edited:

francoblay1

The Spaniard