Limited black edition 2007

Gathering

marc

Bwg you're sur about the sissy bar? Now that you're saying it seems logical. I bought it with the sissy mounted that way. I.ll'reverse it, thanks ;)

Photos are not that good, forgot my camera that day and took them with my mobile phone :rolleyes:

BWG56

Guru
If you reverse it, take note to the location of the slit in the collet if the sissy bar is tapered on the mounting end, make sure the slit in the collet is facing forward or rearward, don't have it at the thin portion of the strut, when you tighten it down, it will expand the collet in the strut and I cracked my strut because of this.

Jwooky

If you reverse it, take note to the location of the slit in the collet if the sissy bar is tapered on the mounting end, make sure the slit in the collet is facing forward or rearward, don't have it at the thin portion of the strut, when you tighten it down, it will expand the collet in the strut and I cracked my strut because of this.
Wouldn't facing inward be best?

That way the expansion forces would be directed along the length, not width.

BWG56

Guru
Wouldn't facing inward be best?

That way the expansion forces would be directed along the length, not width.
Where's the weakest points on the strut, you definitely don't want that area expanding.
You could try it that way, it only cost me $150 for a new strut years ago. I personally cut the tapper off and threw the collets away and went back to the original way.

marc

@ Th3infamousl:Yes around 15.000 km
@Mr Wright: only for 2 minutes and there was nobody around :D

@Everybody: seems the best I leave the sissy the way it is installed?

chubs

Guru
:hi:Nice ride Marc:old2: The way I feel it, It's like your house, you make the payments, you make the rules.:yesnod: Set that bike up however you like it! :old2: It's still a sweet lookin ride.:old2::chopper: