LED Headlight Issue

PROFLYER

SWOLE
Ok guys, I got this headlight off Amazon (Link: http://a.co/6RsU7aC) a while back and have had intermittent issues with it turning off. It'll shut off, then turn back on 10 seconds or so later. Obviously that's an issue. Goes into high/low just fine and isn't throwing the issue where it thinks one beam is out...it just flat shuts off then comes back on. It's now the second light (thought I had a bad one) and same thing. I noticed on DOC that he has a 'with EHC and without EHC' LED option (which is crazy expensive by the way, same lights are $25-$30 anywhere online).

Any ideas what's going on? I thought maybe it's the light bulb itself so I hardwired it to some 12v to see and it stayed on for 3 hours straight so it's not the bulb. I'm thinking the EHC is having a fit for some reason maybe? Do the ones Curtis sells (which I have in my K9) have some sort of resistor in them or something maybe to fool the EHC?

Otherwise I love this new bulb, it's BRIGHT with 2 LEDs for low and then a 3rd that comes on for high. It's even situated correctly with the 2 low LED's on the top sides of the triangle, and the high on bottom which casts in the bottom of the light bucket (to reflect higher) when on.

Hirter6Pack

Not Quite A Guru
If both hi and low beam go out my first thought would be a ground.
Do you have a trouble light on the EHC? Have you tried to replace the female plug in the headlight?

PROFLYER

SWOLE
We've been riding when it happens--I can't get it to do it while sitting in the garage. Female plug is newer and the ceramic version. Checked ground(s) and all look good plus the stock H4 never had issues. I'm thinking it's the bulb itself which is why I'm wondering what, if anything, may be different with the WSW or DOC bulbs that no one is having issues with.

Jersey Big Mike

100K mile club
If you have the stock EHC the issue is that the LED draws less current and will trip the sensing on the EHC that not enough current is being used ergo light is out so it switches bulbs and repeats process with other intensity.

The RIP system does not suffer from this.
The WP does not suffer from this, nor to the best of my knowledge does DOC's or Axels system have this "feature".

LOL
That's why we charge more for the lights we find.
We spend quite a bit of money going through the lights on the market to find the ones that actually work and last.

bdm7250

Guru
Supporting Member
I got one from the local performance shop, $55 Canadian..so like 20 bucks US. It's a dual beam Phillips, very bright. Not sure of longevity yet, installed it before bikeweek.
IMG_6169.JPG

PROFLYER

SWOLE
LOL
That's why we charge more for the lights we find.
We spend quite a bit of money going through the lights on the market to find the ones that actually work and last.
Haha I was waiting for you to come own me! I already have this one so I was hoping for a solution other than just buying yours...plus it's a lot brighter. I guess the EHC just doesn't like it! Thx for the insight into what it took you to get one that works.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro