K9/Pitbull Handlebar Swap

TapioK

What it reads????
Thanks PK.

I think I just wasted my money anyway... I just broke one trying to pull it out of the lower bar´s hole....

I am not spending a single more dollar with this shit. Its too expensive to maintain this bitch in Europe!!! :oldangry:

I am buying a Ducati next.
Ah, Catalonia is trying to separate from Spain by 2017, they are all just huffing and buffing at the moment! They will all come down in near future....

Tapio

TapioK

:old2: :whoop: :cheers:

The reason I said "I am fucked" is because for me its a nightmare (and VERY expensive) to ship boxes back & forwards ....... not because of Curtis, its just Customs!!!!! :oldbang:
I wonder whether that might be the reason I feel like a bloody camel hauling a suitcase full of HD parts to my friends every time I come to Finland.

Tapio

francoblay1

The Spaniard
I wonder whether that might be the reason I feel like a bloody camel hauling a suitcase full of HD parts to my friends every time I come to Finland.

Tapio
Yup! all those years I had access to an APO I was packing shit loads of parts & stuff in my duffle bags & backpack... now I have no access to an APO so...everything sent from outside EU gets taxed!!! :oldangry:

Th3InfamousI

Administrator
Staff member
Installed the spacers that I made yesterday and I'm liking the look. It looks like about 5/16ths inch clearance. I first tried it with out the spacers and a 1/15th is just not enough for me. If you get any wear in the bushings it's going to drop down on the tank. Bled the front brake and adjusted the clutch as well as possible without running the bike. Put the exhaust back on and just about ready to roll. View attachment 27656
I thought the hand control wiring was too short?

Spacers look nice !

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

BWG56

Guru
Installed the spacers that I made yesterday and I'm liking the look. It looks like about 5/16ths inch clearance. I first tried it with out the spacers and a 1/15th is just not enough for me. If you get any wear in the bushings it's going to drop down on the tank. Bled the front brake and adjusted the clutch as well as possible without running the bike. Put the exhaust back on and just about ready to roll. View attachment 27656
Nice:old2:, however I think you need to get some shrink wrap to cover the band clamps on the Dual Runner filters:skep:

Th3InfamousI

Administrator
Staff member
They were to short when I unpacked them.they were to short when I ran them thru the handlebars and they were to short when I tried to hook them up and they are to short tonight and I doubt they will ever grow any more. The brake cable was the right length and is working fine. The clutch cable is hooked up and adjusted as well as I can until I can test ride it. Just waiting on the right wires. You can change the 2 harnesses by turning the bars loose and undoing the grips and disconnecting the old and connecting the right ones.the tach wires are the same .
Gotcha! Okay wasn't sure you said you were "just about ready to roll" so I thought maybe you managed to get some slack some where. I had Assumed that meant you were just had tidying up to do. That's why I asked :)

Th3InfamousI

Administrator
Staff member
Well... I better sell the set of handlebars as scrap metal then, fucking useless to me if the kit will not fit on a K9. :oldangry:
Cause a spacer is helpful? If you ask nicely maybe pknowles will make you a set.

You've been angry Franco on this R&R . Do you want to talk about it? Lol

francoblay1

The Spaniard
Cause a spacer is helpful? If you ask nicely maybe pknowles will make you a set.

You've been angry Franco on this R&R . Do you want to talk about it? Lol

Yeah.... its not only the spacers, but also the harnesses in the kit are the wrong ones so I must better forget all about it.

Also, Customs fucked it up big time with a box full of Parts, Clothing, BDM sissy bar bag, Mirrors, etc etc etc etc etc that Curtis sent to me in June. We are still trying to get it back (Last seen in Atlanta!!!!) so.... I am out of pocket quite a fair amount of $$$$ and now this about this handlebar kit.... so yes I am furious! :oldangry:

I should have gone this way from the beginning: (If I can find them cheap in Europe) See below.

Got the 1.5" risers installed today - big difference, love the additional pull back & feel. Honestly, they could be a little longer for me but it was worth it, happy with the install. I also had to notch (dremel) the aluminum risers to make room for the 3/8" Big Dog plate thing between the bars - no big deal, the cables all reach fine and you'll need 4" grade 5 or better bolts. Photos for reference.

Th3InfamousI

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah.... its not only the spacers, but also the harnesses in the kit are the wrong ones so I must better forget all about it.

Also, Customs fucked it up big time with a box full of Parts, Clothing, BDM sissy bar bag, Mirrors, etc etc etc etc etc that Curtis sent to me in June. We are still trying to get it back (Last seen in Atlanta!!!!) so.... I am out of pocket quite a fair amount of $$$$ and now this about this handlebar kit.... so yes I am furious! :oldangry:

I should have gone this way from the beginning: (If I can find them cheap in Europe) See below.
But yours will look cleaner when it's done, rather than the risers.

Th3InfamousI

Administrator
Staff member
Dear Dr. Th3infaumos, I've been willy willy depressed lately:) Just bustin on you man. I don't think adding rizers is going to do anything for the set back, Hang in there Franco and we will walk you thru this. It takes about an hour to make the set of spacers plus the stock.
Hahaha

Willy Willy True!

BWG56

Guru
Well... I better sell the set of handlebars as scrap metal then, fucking useless to me if the kit will not fit on a K9. :oldangry:
Well let me tell you a little story that might brighten your day:oldbang::oldrant:oh boy, here we go, you know I have this starter bang and my starter gear is all chewed up, well I ordered the wrong part thru a misunderstanding and got the clutch basket assembly without the starter gear, fukin great, I sent it back and ordered the starter gear and today taking it apart I feel a detent in the fukin clutch basket carrier bearing
So now I have to call them and order the damn part I just sent back:willynilly::oldbang: This is enough to make a sober man start drinking again
So if you think Franco, your the only one that has problems, get the hell in line, put on you big boy panties
and throw something on the grill, I'm hungry.

Sorry for the rant and the high jack, but tell someone who cares
and after all this, when Sue finds out how much I spent, I'm gonna have to get a job at Home Depot
IMG_1098.JPG