Instructions for SB1102 side cover mount cracking?

Energy One

Kobi

How can I find the installation instructions for SB1102 to install side cover mounting hardware? I'm going to try to add the modification to my 08 Ridgeback cover mounts to prevent them from cracking.
Thanks Guys!

Nukeranger

Nukeranger
Supporting Member
Can you post a picture of the mounts you are talking about? I successfully repaired my cracked mounts by the battery and they have been good for years. I used JB weld for one side and plastix on the other. Both worked without any issues.

Kobi

Huw, My covers are not cracked at this point, I want to do the SB1102 recall to prevent them from cracking.

Kobi

I bought the repair kit from HDM and assumed I'd get the installation instructions. I sent them a note yesterday and waiting to hear back. I'm sure they have a copy.

HMAN

I just like my Freedom
I would think it woul be as simple as pulling the old well nuts and replace with the new red ones. Plugs go thru sidecover and into new red silicone thus holding sidecover on tight.

pknowles

RETIRED
Supporting Member
I bought the repair kit from HDM and assumed I'd get the installation instructions. I sent them a note yesterday and waiting to hear back. I'm sure they have a copy.
Post a picture of the repair kit please.

Kobi

The pins will not go thru the holes in my covers. Sure would be nice to see the instructions. Still waiting to hear from HDM.

pknowles

RETIRED
Supporting Member
The pins will not go thru the holes in my covers. Sure would be nice to see the instructions. Still waiting to hear from HDM.
I'll try to get some pictures for you tonight. I don't know the difference in the mounting of the ridgeback versus the K9 but your kit looks like the one I got with my bike.

Last edited:

pknowles

RETIRED
Supporting Member
20181020_054707_resized_1.jpg

The top picture shows the new red grommet in the top left side cover and the bottom picture shows the small black grommet in the bottom . The pushpins go thru the red grommets an into the top tabs on the frame . hope this helps.

Attachments

pknowles

RETIRED
Supporting Member
You may have to take a drill bit and clean some of the paint from the tabs on the bike to get the push pin to fit. I think I used a 3/8 inch bit and carefully removed some of the paint. Start small and make sure you remove only what you have to.
Hope this helps. I sent you a pm with a number.