In case u haven't figured it out

Energy One

bigkelk9

So I just got off the phone with Donna who called me at 8:00 at night to tell me she found what I needed.. I need new oil lines and she didn't think she had n e.. Derick went scrambling through his stock to see what he can find and low and behold, they got something.. they will be shipping off my lines and other things tomorrow.. So point being these people really care bout customer service and appreciate us!!! Cheers to Donna and Derick!! :old2::cheers:

bdm7250

Guru
Supporting Member
So I just got off the phone with Donna who called me at 8:00 at night to tell me she found what I needed.. I need new oil lines and she didn't think she had n e.. Derick went scrambling through his stock to see what he can find and low and behold, they got something.. they will be shipping off my lines and other things tomorrow.. So point being these people really care bout customer service and appreciate us!!! Cheers to Donna and Derick!! :old2::cheers:
Just got some AIH parts from them..:old2: Definitely a great resource..:whoop:

bigkelk9

I go to them before I go to my local shop who has done me wonders.. i will not use any other vendors, wheather its from the forum or n e where else due to how many mixed reviews they all have. Everything from derick and donna has always been positive reviews! And ill help keep them positive!

bigkelk9

So i would like to thank Donna and Derick once again for just being awesome! I recently made a trade with a fellow member for foot controls, the rod I received was too long, got a hold of her and ordered the correct rod and a few other parts that I needed.. she never fails and got me what I needed in a speedy manner! They r awesome!

bigkelk9

And of coarse a thanks to some fellow members.. I thought of calling them of coarse, but thought they only made two size rods even though there were so many models because that's what I was told.. lol.. so thanks to Shannon for filling me in otherwise and Eric for finding the different ones that were listed after they had nothing listed for a few weeks.. so .. yeah.. lol

Psycho

Psycho

bigkelk9

So i just wanted to take a minute and send some love to Donna and Derrick, placed an order with her on Thursday before things got bad here from Harvey. She asked if I was ready and all that. She Text me yesterday to see how we weathered the storm, making sure my family n I were safe.. that s what's up!! Love these people!! Thank you for everything Y all do for this community of Big Dog enthusiast!!

bigkelk9

So Donna and Derick do it again.. I just put in my starter I got from them. The new and improved one with the billet housing being I snapped 2 starters in half because of the insane upgrades on my bike. I just ordered it from them on tueaday.. came home and there it was. The bike starts smoother then it has since before the upgrades. Shower time and go ride! Cheers!

Brandon Downey

Usually their prices can't be beat either. I recently ordered the voltage regulator recall kit from them for $9.99 shipped. Another place had it for about $48 shipped. Top notch, truly care about us forum guys and gals, and the best prices. You really can't ask for more. Thank you Donna and Derek.

Th3InfamousI

Administrator
Staff member
Same starter just a redesigned billet nose correct?
Yep it's solid aluminum and the stock one is just cast. It also decreases the ability for oil to leak back in the starter because their is no longer a recessed hole around the gear.

I know why Derrick did it and I can't agree with him more the stock starter and that stupid MOD they did was just a "fix" to leak oil back in the primary when the bike sat but it shouldn't have gotten into the starter in the first place.

Once I started taking my starter apart I started applying a silicone bead around the splash ring to help prevent oil going back into the starter. Derrick was able to take it one step further. With that said that has been one thing I've seen from some rebuilds is the splash ring is MIA. In that case you are pretty screwed if you can see your bearings and the splash ring isn't really something anyone just makes it is custom. my suggestion to those that have it is apply a bearing loctite seal around the bearing to help prevent oil. The outside of that bearing case doesn't move anyways just inside with the starter shaft the oring in there that the bearing is pressed into is supposed to keep the oil out but it doesn't.

Now there still is a chance and it was an issue that was fixed in 2006 and the oil can still get past the starter shaft seal but that one I don't think is usually the problem unless it's worn or failed. Back in early 05 they didn't even have that seal those things were an oil mess!

Or just get the one from Derrick and Donna...haha.

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk

bigkelk9

Got one of them new style starters from these great folks right before u leashed last summer, well it started to sound like the bendix wasn’t popping all the time and wouldn’t work periodically. Told Donna what’s up and she said I still had it under warranty, emailed me shipping label. Took it off and found the the nose cone had came loose and it was just a build error which had caused the teeth n the gear to get all chewed up. Anyways sent it off and had it back rebuilt and ready to go in maybe 2 weeks max from the time I sent it off... didn’t cost me a penny!! These people are awesome!!