HP rating?

Energy One

Raywood

The Pirate
Staff member
Calendar Participant
Troop Supporter
Need some simple info, cant find it.....Horse Power rating for a 2005 Pitbull, stock.

Mines pretty much stock and I've dyno'd at 94 hp 104 tq

I'm still running the E carb also. My dyno reports are in the "Dyno" section

I'm moving this to the "Dyno" section of the forum. Our 05's are Vintage yet :)

spadesluck

My 05 did just about the same as Raywoods, stock as well. 90 hp 101 tq. These 05's are lacking the performance parts of the later Dogs. That is going to be my next project.

liferider

Looking forward to retirement
Ok, what about an S&S 107 in a 2003 Chopper? Ok, never mind. I just called S&S for the answer. Bill with Tech support said,"on the 107 motors shipped to Big Dog 1 HP per cu.in. so roughly 105-107hp.

Last edited:

spadesluck

Ok, what about an S&S 107 in a 2003 Chopper? Ok, never mind. I just called S&S for the answer. Bill with Tech support said,"on the 107 motors shipped to Big Dog 1 HP per cu.in. so roughly 105-107hp.
Thats good power, what the heck did they do to our 117's then? :confused:

liferider

Looking forward to retirement
Radical engines = unreliability remember that! These engines were set up to have HP and be damn reliable!

T.Byrd

You know every one says its a bad year for big dog 05 and all. But i've been up against several Big Dog's 07's , 06's, and other 05's and I can run with any of them that are not hopped up a bunch.I can't tell a minutes differance in them. I've put a XXX G on mine and mean mother pipes and wimmer intake and other than that mines all stock. And no 107's in 05.

Nukeranger

Nukeranger
Supporting Member
Dyno for a 117 such as an 08 should be around 100 HP with 116 to 118 ftlbs of torque. I had mine checked recently. It has a K&N filter with 2 into 1 Vance & Hines big radius pipes.

Last edited:

StreetHog

So the '07 carb'd 117ci is only around 100hp and 118ft/lbs? Thats pretty weak compared to my HD 113ci in my Street Glide. The rating on the 117 is fine, I just figured it to be higher. Guess I will put the "butt" dyno on it when it arrives. All I know is my Glide is wicked....

Nukeranger

Nukeranger
Supporting Member
I wouldn't focus too much on the numbers. I only have between 8 and 9,000 miles on mine and it runs great. I do believe there are some gains to be made once I get the funds to go to an expert who can Dyno and make jet adjustments. I was told you could expect around 106 HP from the guy who did my dyno at the ROT Rally.

BigDogNZ

2000 Vintage Classic

My 2000 VC, 107 S&S, last dyno'ed at 100 HP and 107 ft lb torque, at the back wheel. It was set up by a BDM dealer with a Hooker Header under warranty to replace the fishtail and that took it up if I recollect from about 90 HP. Prior to that, as original stock, it was dynoed at 87 HP and using plenty of gas - ex factory set up with 2.5k miles on it. Bitched and they upgraded the ECU and tweaked the S&S carb some (jets I believe). I have left it entirely alone since the Hooker went on at about 3.5k miles. Now 34k.

rhino17

My '09 117" originally came from Carl's Speed Shop in Daytona and has his CM580 cam, V&H BR pipes, and S&S Dual Runner intake and he said that combo should be good for about 120 HP. Don't know how accurate that is, he might be getting 110 out of a stocker!