Help! I'm in pipe hell

IrishGuy

I just bought mean mother pipes off a guy--the pipes are like band new. He had them on an 05 mastiff (see prev post).

I got a new mount bracket from the dealer today so it'll fit my ridgeback.

The pipe coming off the front cylinder fit's snug as a glove. However the pipe coming off the rear cylinder wants to mount up in a completely different place. :confused:

I checked with the dealer beforehand and asked if mean mothers off an 05 mastiff would fit on my 05 ridge, with a different mount of course. Since they said yes I bought the pipes off the guy + the mount from the dealer.

This was the part they sold me-
Part Number: 190-000002-00
Description: "BRACKET, EXHAUST, RIGID REPLAC"

Feel like I was led into a hole. Not sure what to do to get myself out :(

Here's a pic of the problem:

WB Cycles

That's the right bracket for your bike. Also fits the 06 RB.

Mean Mothers for YOUR bike would be 193-000009-01. For the 05 Mastiff its 193-000008-01. That may be the problem.

IrishGuy

Mean Mothers for YOUR bike would be 193-000009-01. For the 05 Mastiff its 193-000008-01. That may be the problem.
Yes, I saw that on the BDM site. That's why I explicitly checked with the dealer, to make sure this shit wouldn't happen :(

WB Cycles

That bites. Sounds like you're in need of a custom bracket if they're mounting up to the engine.

Vegas

Looks like a flat piece of stell or aluminum would do the trick. Drill some holes and powder coat or paint to match.

Gas Man

Cool isn't cheap
Calendar Participant
Looks like a flat piece of stell or aluminum would do the trick. Drill some holes and powder coat or paint to match.
I agree but I would still bitch to the dealership about it. They sold you the "correct" bracket that isn't so!

IrishGuy

WB Cycles, Vegas, and Gas- Thanks guys :up:

I was able to get it to mount up pretty good using the new mount the dealer got me + the old mastiff mount. Kind of hokey, but I had to hear the new pipes and take it for a quick spin around the block.

The pipes sound INCREDIBLE! I'm extremely pleased. :D Just need to rig up a better mount.

Probably a stupid question, but I've never worked with metals. Where would I even purchase the right kind of aluminum? When I drill the holes, do I just need to lube with wd-40?

Thanks again guys :2thumbs:

Vegas

Probably have to go to a local steel shop. Better yet find someone with a flow jet to cut you a trick piece. Lube is always a good idea when drilling holes.

Raywood

The Pirate
Staff member
Calendar Participant
Troop Supporter
Probably a stupid question, but I've never worked with metals. Where would I even purchase the right kind of aluminum? When I drill the holes, do I just need to lube with wd-40?

Thanks again guys :2thumbs:
No aluminum, you will need a least 1/4" steel plate just like the ones you have now.

Good luck,
Ray