Headlight chrome blemished from bag

BigDogBro1

Made in the USA
F.Y.I.

A friend of mine placed a small hard leather bag atop his Bulldog headlight, strapped and hanging from the upper tripple tree. After one season the top of the headlight had the chrome blemished a bit from moisture and road vibration. He has polished most of it out, but beware!

your warning comes too late for me, mine did the same thing, who would have thunk it??? I figure if I keep the storage bag where it is no one will ever see the damage

KnotSo

Admin
Staff member
Resting on the headlight will lead to the headlight bracket breaking. and the blemished chrome could be the last thing on his mind. A rolling headlight gathers no moss.

Nomad2day

Longhair Redneck Geek
I mounted mine where the chin spoiler was after I took it off.
My chrome on the headlight bubbled off on the bottom on it;s own.
Neil in Tenn

Last edited:

N8KAM

Too late for me as well. the buckle damaged the light. already replaced that. it also left a mark on my upper triple :down:

Cobrafast1

That's what I was afraid of with a tool bag. If one straps it to the down tubes, they get warn from the leather on the paint. Chrome blemishes.

If I can't carry it in my pockets, it doesn't go for a ride.

Reaper

I strapped mine to the triple trees, but under the headlight, and I attached a strip of velcro to the bottom of the headlight case where the bag makes contact, and now the bag makes contact with the strip of velcro instead of the headlight. As long as the bag is on, you can't see the velcro strip.

This is the only pic I have of where I mount the bag.

Last edited:

Gas Man

Cool isn't cheap
Calendar Participant
Yeah anything you put on chrome and let the wind push it around is going to f up the chrome.

I put mine at the bottom of the downtubes