Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Had my 2500 mile service done..

Discussion in 'General' started by Chopper Dave, Jun 24, 2007.

1. Chopper Dave

Chopper Dave SIICK!!!

My Bike(s):
    2011 Ultra Limited
    First Name:
    Dave
    Well....I rode down to Full Throttle this morning by myself ...to take the dog in for its 2500 mile service....not a bad ride down there this morning except when I was doing about 75 mph ..just outside of Flint and then the bike just dies out.....like someone shut off the key.....I almost shit my pants...lol...but then I just hit run and everything came back on....speedo...tach...lights....and of course the engine....I have never had this happen before....it did it 3 times....
    Doc...who is the service tech that works on my bike said he replaced the ECH harness and he also fixed the little rattling in my tank...:whoop: he noticed that my speedo bounces around a little around 70 mph...so they said when I take it in for my 5000 mile service...call them with my mileage and they will get a new speedo from Big Dog and put it on when they service the bike again....I was like cool.....the speedo works fine...but if they want to replace it....thats fine by me....
    On my way home....the bike ran great ..no problems at all.....except some bugs on the face.....oh...its 124 miles one way to the dealership from my house... I am also going to have them throw in a K&N filter when I get my 5000 mile service done...now I have around 2882 miles on the dog...
    Oh Gas Man...Joe got a promotion for another job so they have a new guy there...his name is Chris also...he seems pretty kool...he even gave me 10% off of my service....:2thumbs: Oh...1 more thing.....they had one of those limited edition K-9's on the showroom floor.....#48 out of 100 made...pretty sick looking.....everything blacked out......but shit!! $42,900 ouch! my ass!!

#1 Chopper Dave, Jun 24, 2007
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2007
  2. Gas Man

Gas Man Cool isn't cheap
    Supporting Member Calendar Participant

So what did they say caused it to die? The EHC harness?

At your rate of milage... you'll be looking at a 10,000 mile service the same time mine is do. Got to love riding to work... something I don't get to do.

3. Chopper Dave

Chopper Dave SIICK!!!

My Bike(s):
    2011 Ultra Limited
    First Name:
    Dave
    Doc looked everything over and said he couldn't find anything...so he said he just replaced the EHC to see if that was it...the bike ran fine on the way home.....yeppers on the riding to work...if its not raining or not F'N cold....I normally ride.....around 80 miles round trip

4. Gas Man

Gas Man Cool isn't cheap

Yeah those miles add up for sure. I think Ray use to do some high amount everyday as well for work I think...

5. chacha

chacha Chaff Your EHC!!
    Calendar Participant

My Bike(s):
    2001 Nightrain, 2014 Indian Vintage, 2006 Bulldog (sold)
    First Name:
    Mister Fucking Wonderful
    The perfect solution is to check each of the lines, but it is WAY faster just to change out the harness :up: There are plenty of places for some electrical gremlin to hide as you can see from the pics below.

Had my 10K service couple of weeks ago along with an EHC swap (headlight pin output droped to ~ 1 stink'n volt). Riding to work everyday racks those miles WAY up. I'm expecting to be over 15K by November

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. Chopper Dave

Chopper Dave SIICK!!!

My Bike(s):
    2011 Ultra Limited
    First Name:
    Dave
    Thanks for the pics chacha.....I will keep that in mind next time...

7. alhall88

alhall88 UAW

What I did on mine is use dielectric grease on all the connections then I found some 1 inch shrink tubing and put all those connection inside and shrank them up with the heat gun.

8. Gas Man

Gas Man Cool isn't cheap

Not a bad idea Al!

9. Raywood

Raywood The Pirate
    Staff Member Supporting Member Calendar Participant

My Bike(s):
    2014 KMW Regulator
    First Name:
    Ray
    Yeah, 100 miles a day in chocked up 8 lanes of traffic. :angry: Splitting lanes watching for the car that was going to put out in front of you. Getting to work with a soaked shirt from sweating so much even in 35 degree weather. 60,0
    00 miles in 3 years on two dogs!
    Glad I don't have to do that sh*t anymore. Now just leasurely rides in the country side when weather permits and some quick, long weekenders. :D

Dave, glad you got her working great again.
    You and GS will be ready for that first mileage patch soon!

Later,
    Ray

10. Chopper Dave

Chopper Dave SIICK!!!

My Bike(s):
    2011 Ultra Limited
    First Name:
    Dave
    Thanks Ray....I have a pretty good ride to work.....mostly back roads.....but the weather is shitty I won't ride. I am glad that was taken care of on the bike....like I said...it has never done that before......the service Tech Doc was pretty cool...he said he looked over every wire and connectors and checked everything before replacing the EHC...and the bike ran great all 124 miles back home from the dealership....when I do my 5000 mile ...this new guy there Chris....he said to call him with my mileage and he will get me a new speedo from Big Dog and they will put it on when the do the 5000 service. I think I will do that.....even though my speedo only bounces around a little around the 70 mph mark

11. P8RIOT

P8RIOT Well-Known Member
    Calendar Participant

My Bike(s):
    2007 K-9
    I just got mine three months ago and have over 3600 miles on it - probably would have more, but I have to let those Big Dog butt-polishin' girls rub it up down once in awhile, ya know what I mean, ChaCha? :D

12. chacha

chacha Chaff Your EHC!!
    Calendar Participant

My Bike(s):
    2001 Nightrain, 2014 Indian Vintage, 2006 Bulldog (sold)
    First Name:
    Mister Fucking Wonderful
    Yep...I figure there are a load of them that would line up to butt-polish your bike. Maybe all those lonley wives when the Fleet is out? :eek:

Then again your "Child-Bride" may have something to say about that. :down:

Good job racking up the miles!:cheers: