Gum Removal how to??

Energy One

what?

Was out riding yesterday with a friend of mine and did almost 200 miles up and down the Delaware. Stop and go riding, bar hopping so we were rolling through a lot of little towns along the river. Hot as balls out too. Last stop I get off the bike and almost shit a brick when i noticed what looked like scratches all over the rear fender. It was gum. I must of rode through a big wad of it and with the heat it was a fucking mess. i was about to wipe it off, and noticed it was smearing. my buddy said leave it on there until you get home and let it cool off over night.

Long story short: I let it cool over night and went out in the morning. and wiped it across the streaks. it rolled right off. i guess with the wax and cooler temp it certainly made it easier. if i did it roadside i would've made it worse. a little elbow grease and some mothers and it looks good as new.

SEAL-rider

Be sure to get some new wax on there. Mothers takes it down to clear coat. Looks great but no protection left.

pknowles

RETIRED
Supporting Member
Was out riding yesterday with a friend of mine and did almost 200 miles up and down the Delaware. Stop and go riding, bar hopping so we were rolling through a lot of little towns along the river. Hot as balls out too. Last stop I get off the bike and almost shit a brick when i noticed what looked like scratches all over the rear fender. It was gum. I must of rode through a big wad of it and with the heat it was a fucking mess. i was about to wipe it off, and noticed it was smearing. my buddy said leave it on there until you get home and let it cool off over night.

Long story short: I let it cool over night and went out in the morning. and wiped it across the streaks. it rolled right off. i guess with the wax and cooler temp it certainly made it easier. if i did it roadside i would've made it worse. a little elbow grease and some mothers and it looks good as new.
The cleaners in the local airport use dry ice to get gum out of the carpet. I watched one and it worked.