Grip Styles

Energy One

What style of Grips do you prefer?

• Metal with Design

Votes: 52 18.2%
  • Metal with Rubber Pads/Strips

Votes: 141 49.3%
  • Metal covered with Leather (will have custom designs)

Votes: 11 3.8%
  • ALL: Metal with Design first

Votes: 33 11.5%
  • ALL: Metal with Rubber Pads/Strips first

Votes: 40 14.0%
  • ALL: Metal with Leather (custom designs) first

Votes: 9 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dozer1

I'd like just a simple pair of slick chrome grips. Pegs too. No design. No engraving. Same size and everything as stock, except without the rubber pads. Perhaps not the safest style for inclement weather. But what the hell, neither is a 9 foot long chopper with a nearly slick 300 rear tire!

T Mack

SUCKER FREE
Hughhh???

got to have chrome and rubber...
What GASMAN said.. Chrome and Rubber... :cheers:
Have to have some grip or you will regret it.. :panic2:
Pegs and grips need rubber gription!!! :loony:
If thats a word!!! Gription!!!! :loony:

Also the options to pick were kind of confusing... :confused:

What was up with the ALL?? Options?? :confused:

I musta missed the difference between these 2 below:
Metal with Rubber Pads/Strips
ALL: Metal with Rubber Pads/Strips first

Last edited:

Throttle

Ideally, grips like the Kuryakyn which fit the big dog handle bars size. They are the
best long distance riding grips and not bad looking.
Kuryakyn - ISO grips

Baby Ray

I've got metal and the gloves want to slide off, so i don't wear the gloves. I'm sure i'm going to have to switch one day

Eric

Banned
I dont understand I got all metal grips,pegs,shifters, on all my bikes,, only rubber is on the bikes with floor boards.. my feet or hands never slip off.. thats just me though

Marco Polo

Newbie DELUXE
My last bike had smooth all chrome grips and pegs and without gloves it was fine but with gloves I didn't have as good a grip for sure. I never wore gloves except in the winter but then it was a problem in the summer because when left in the sun under cover they'd get so hot they would easily give you blisters if you grabbed them. The pegs would have been alright but they were such a reach that when going over 80mph for extended time my feet kept sailing and it took actual effort to keep them planted sometimes. That would probably happened even with rubber but sometimes if I hit a jarring bump or something my feet would slip some.

As far as the ISO grips go, I didn't care for them. I used them for about a year and they are still on my wife's ride. They are pretty cheap quality compared to BDMs stock grips and hers are starting to wear down a lot. My hands always smelled like rubber and had black on them when I rode a lot with those and that never happens with the BDM grips.

68ford

How bout some good ole black knurled grips and pegs combo .I'm looking for these somewhere ,,,,everywhere,.Keep it simple and clean . When you ride hard need to be able to hold on.

bkingjr

I've got the Eddie Trotta Flame metal grips. Just got my original ones covered and laced to match my seat. Good deal on the Eddie Trotta grips if anybody's interested.

Never had slipping problems.

Dozer1

I know they're kinda dangerous in the rain, etc., but I'd like just a slick pair of chrome grips. Something similiar to the stock grips but without the rubber

JR03CHOPPER

I just purchased a set of PM Chrome Grips and had them wrapped in leather that was waterproofed. The Arlen Ness grips that I had started to crack an peel.

Status
Not open for further replies.