Got rear ended on K9

Big Daddy 72

Custom Street Rod Interiors & Design
Glad it worked out for you buddy! I got $7,800.00 for mine and I havent done a thing to it. My buddy rode it on the ride from daves plus I went on a ride with shannon 300 mile wack. The bike has a couple thousand more miles on it and still runs great. Need to start thinking about getting rid of it.

PROFLYER

SWOLE
I'd say I made out just fine and didn't leave much, if anything, on the table. I'll negotiate with a buyer who's going to enjoy something...but I think sticking it to an insurance company, in an accident that wasn't your fault, is the way to be!

Thanks again guys for all your help!

bigkelk9

UPDATE: AmFam is looking into the 'value' some more. Originally they said it's worth $11,800 with a salvage value of $4600. They said they obtained a quote for the salvage value. I'm assuming that means they called a salvage yard or auction or something. I told the guy he needs to be a a lot closer to 16k on the value, minus the salvage, would net me back about 11,400 or so. We will see.

Does that salvage value seem right to anyone? Seems like an arbitrary number.
Salvage value seems a little high, but I haven't seen ur bike and the actual damage.

PROFLYER

SWOLE
Damm Sutton....You ok Brotha.... I've been rear ended twice now, got pinched in between two cars

View attachment 50082
Yeah brother, I'm good for the most part. Neck/back is a bit jacked from the whiplash but nothing that won't heal in time. I thought of you actually right after this happened, and sure felt lucky that it wasn't as bad as yours. Seeing a chiro/physical therapist once a week now down from twice a week and things are progressing. Like we've discussed before, it sure helps being in good shape I think.

You got rear ended AGAIN on your bike??

Five Five

what ya'll are missing is the bitch in the photo to the right being the driver that hit him STILL talking on her cell phone.
yeah wood this is the same incident here is the bitch who was distracted on her cell when she wrapped her front bumper around my back

4.jpg

Five Five

Yeah brother, I'm good for the most part. Neck/back is a bit jacked from the whiplash but nothing that won't heal in time. I thought of you actually right after this happened, and sure felt lucky that it wasn't as bad as yours. Seeing a chiro/physical therapist once a week now down from twice a week and things are progressing. Like we've discussed before, it sure helps being in good shape I think.

You got rear ended AGAIN on your bike??
yes got bumped a second time , this time i was ready with escape route but she still made slight impact, bike stayed up no injuries.

Sorry Bro i didn't mean to hijack your post

PROFLYER

SWOLE
yes got bumped a second time , this time i was ready with escape route but she still made slight impact, bike stayed up no injuries.

Sorry Bro i didn't mean to hijack your post
Man, stupid people I swear. This one was similar to your last one, decent bump and kept bike almost all the way up, went over on the left a bit but didn't totally go down. Picked it back up, put down the kickstand and then went right at the guy and slammed his door shut while yelling at him for not paying attention.

No apology necessary on the hijack. It's all sorted out now, got a nice check for the damage and the wife is quickly turning the money into a new roman shower in the master bath...so much for getting a sweet little Buell! Glad you're ok brother.