Got my oil

CCRainman

Those prices are not gonna last. These are the old prices before the oil got to 100 a barrel. The new oil prices have gone through the roof. If you can still find oil cheap, stock up on a case or 2. Even the Amsoil has gone up for the dealers and preffered customers.

jimizee028

TRUE COLORS COLLISION
big blue where do you get your mobil 1 around here???????thats what i have allways ran in my hotrods and prefer to run it also in the chop yet the mobil 1 website says the closest distributor around here is in hamstead!!!!

Fibersnake

Banjo Playing PsychoBilly
I also run Mobil 1 V=Twin and hell I have bought it at the local Wal-Mart as well as the local autoparts. Last time was in the $8.00 range and though it may have gone up due to oil barrel prices, I can not imagine anything over $10.00 worse case.

slowrower

2007 Mastiff
I bought Amsoil and once the motor is broken-in I will use it - for now its the dino stuff every 500 or so miles. I took the suggestion of using Red Line HD Shockproof and noticed a nice improvement in shifting and lower noise - I am stick with it foam or no foam. Buy online and save $$

Gas Man

Cool isn't cheap
Calendar Participant
I hate to point out the obvious...

What does the price of crude oil have to do with you, when you are buying SYNTHETIC oil! :lol:

Fibersnake

Gasman good point about the price of oil to synthetic, but lets be honest, it is not beyond the petroleum companies to throw oil increase into it somewhere, be it from increase in energey cost to produce it, higher demand and lower supplies.

You name it, any petroleum company regardless if the particular product is not crude oil based, will find away to get an increase in price and blame it on the oil prices. That and I am not sure but even in the process of the chemicals-oil is factor somewhere, much the same as it is in plastics and about everything else.

I mean after all Exon and the rest did seem to have the highest profits ever when the price of oil was up last year, it would seem that not only did the increase create a higher cost in fuel and other petroleum products, but they sure found away to add an even higher profit margin to those cost!!!

Fibersnake

I hear you G-Man, but it sure seems that we are screwed no matter what when it comes to the oil prices. Now there is a increase in many foods due to so much wheat and other agriculture being used for ethonal.

Now go figure that, making more ethonal to be mixed with the gas, but the gas still goes up along with the cost of bread.

Well the good thing is that if you are involved in the oil industry, (I know that you are), life should be good for awhile as far as job security goes.

Best to you and BTW the bike is looking very good.

Gas Man

Cool isn't cheap
Calendar Participant
Thanks Fiber... and I am.. but like I have said before.. I just need to be sure we keep using it... cause I am like FedEx of the gas industry (more or less)... the more we use, the more I ship, the more job security I have...

Of coarse I also do propane, butane, diesel, and jet fuel to name a few... so I'm good all around.

lee

I have to pipe up here - if I was paying the prices you pay over there, even the perceived expensive prices, it would feel like they were giving it away - I posted on here before that I paid £25 for one bottle of Amsoil gear oil (including postage I admit - I think the postage was around £7) - not 25 dollars, 25 POUNDS! I'm betting that Mobil 1 will be a similar price. Petrol in the UK is well over £1 per litre at the moment, which must be around £4-5 a gallon. The UK is a rip off.

Dawgboy

I hate to point out the obvious...

What does the price of crude oil have to do with you, when you are buying SYNTHETIC oil! :lol:
You think the price doesn't go up in lock step with the price of dino? Doesn't matter that the raw materials aren't petrolium, whats the alternative... Dino = $$$$

Gas Man

Cool isn't cheap
Calendar Participant
For you Rain... if you want I can order the oil here for you... send ya a case...

T.Byrd

Can we get back to where bdmridgeback was with the redline foaming
up. Did any one do any more investigating on this.I'm going to change
trans. oil types on mine and was going to red line but im not going to
if it is foaming up.I had a teck. in a shop across town that told me that
Baker recomended spectrum.