Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

GOT A GOOD ONE FOR YOU

Discussion in 'Ignition / Electronics / Batteries' started by awg, Mar 18, 2015.

1. awg

awg Well-Known Member

My Bike(s):
    2008 Big Dog Chopper, 1980 Honda Passport, 1965 Honda Benly, 1967 Sears Sabre
    08 Ridgeback. Carb. Sits on a charger/tender all the time. New battery. Went to start it....turn key ...nothing. No lights no nothing. Turn key off and horn would chirp for a second. Put a different charger/tender on it just to be sure the other one is working. Turn key ...nothing. No lights....no nothing. So I thought I would reset the EHC by holding the left turn signal in and turning the key on. Wham! Lights and all is well again. Assuming the battery is good since it's new and I did check it for voltage and such. Why would doing this to the EHC make everything OK? When it's running it's at 14 Volts ....with it's sitting it's at 13.5...give or take. When cranking it stays at 12 volts. I checked the usual wire's that everyone recommends. All is good at that end. It's a mystery. :loony:
    Funny thing is it could sit for weeks and start right up. Then out of nowhere this happens.

#1 awg, Mar 18, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2015
  2. Sven

Sven Well-Known Member

My Bike(s):
    building one
    awg, first thing let me say, "I have no clue wattsoever." However, I am being schooled here more than you know and I have no clue if this info is correct? It sure makes a lot of sense to me. I have been puzzled about this bike since 2006 was my first intro to a computer bike.

So with my assbackwordsounding like an idiot to myself, I reversengineered the computer somewatt. Who was going to tell me how to connect the dots? I was starting not from the beginning that's for sure. Where in the hell do you start with this black box?

Then it dawned on me. 'The computer starts at 0.' I knew the machine speak was computing numbers in binary. And then I found step One. The Milestone:

0000 - 0000 = The engine starts at 0. My computer has to be off. My computer has to zero out of all numbers that equal a number or I am not a 0 but at 1.... Like 0001 + 1000.

So in the computer you are locked [chip maker follow ohm's law and programming follows the chip] as in how the unit works. It's preset like you cannot change the 3. Fuel-spark-compression are 3 things you are handcuffed to. Same as saying the computer is saved as a phantom 'on,' and you simply grounded all the numbers saved in RAM. This is watt I think happened as I am going to walk out this theory:

Control = That's where the computer steps down in voltage to 5v from 12v. This sends in the data..... A Constant current to capture and hold in RAM.

Threshold = This is a timed dump as it your cranking was at 0 and then moved up in speed and the threshold followed that every millisecond and auto dumps the RAM saved. So if you ran 100rpm a split second ago, the threshold is seeing 102-104-117 and dumps at a preset timed interval to capture and dump-capture and dump.

Trigger = This manually dumps the RAM. This is the turn signal switch dumping 00011000. The split second you did that, it dump trucked every last millivolt saved in who cares how big the trunk space the capacitor can hold, once current goes to ground, nada stays in the condenser, capacitor, or think there is lightening left after striking a tree. I refreshed to 0 so as to read a new input, or set it to 00000000 is she started back up = The computer starts at 0.

See if that made computer basics see the very first basic move is the very first step in computer speak. So by seeing how you can send a switch to ground and everything else was not in need of service, burned out, etc., all you did was 'trigger' 1 of 3 moves.

1. Threshold = Is auto dump and could be wired to some timer with the winker?
    2. Control = Can't be this. You turned key on so 5v had to be there if you were to conclude the bike started so the 5v had no play in the restart as was the t-hold.
    3. Trigger = Timer has to be wired in? That was your only move was a refresh to ground/Dump RAM/On goes off = The bike starts with a clean input to capture.

The computer bike starts at 0.
    The compression leakdown starts at 1.
    Huston, we have ignition.

How close am I?

3. awg

awg Well-Known Member

My Bike(s):
    2008 Big Dog Chopper, 1980 Honda Passport, 1965 Honda Benly, 1967 Sears Sabre
    Well Sven...from what I can understand from your response all I am doing is resetting the "computer" so it starts from scratch? Not sure what you are referring to when you mention "Trigger=Timer". But pretty much that is how it goes. I can toggle the key switch on a off a bunch of times with no response. So are you stating that when I turn off the bike something is left behind in the EHC and it won't work until it's "refreshed?"

4. Brew

Brew Troop Supporter

My Bike(s):
    08 Mastiff / 09 Softail Deluxe
    First Name:
    Rob
    Not really a reset but a "SBIT" check. A reset would be disconnecting the battery for an amout of time.

5. Sven

Sven Well-Known Member

My Bike(s):
    building one
    I want to first apologize to the hub/cntrhub/hubberubbishitalk I lost it. I am no longer in some shell and we hard-dee-har-har the few of us it's gone! I can't believe it'snot butter, did you toast it, jelly it and not lose a drop of dairy deliciousness, yes, you hit it on the nail did you!

The clock is on a timer. The RAM is saved for a minute is the threshold and sheboom, next minute shows up on a digital face.

1. Threshold was programmed in 60mhz is the locking the clocking there of is time down to the millionth of a second is time to leave... Next! and was the current still flowing to pickup the next second?

2. Control was a continuous line was key on and as simple as current to the coils and that wire goes down from coil to the .... Next! and was the current saved in the coil as a condenser, capacitor kind of saved by the bell school is out not yet where is Next?

3. Trigger was that wire down to the ignition and it was going to wipe a window open and shut or grounds the coil and that mechanically toilet flushed the capacity of the capacitor parts is parts?

As if to pull out wire after wire I have how many out of the fuse box is one way, or all the wires on the + side of the battery and that's like turning the key on and you hit all red hot wires to each other and you turned on nothing but sat there with (+) sitting and waiting for a jobber like a bulb or a coil or another jobber like a HC and out to (-) needing a collapse first to ground. Key-on-key-on did not ground. A trigger like the winker switch to ground, right? You walked it not me.

Yes, That's how I see you take a program and tell windows to delete the whole thing and it says... "\*Our shitty programmer did a slop pee job and pissIS me off I can't write my own I create and when you want a program cleaned, I write a clean sweep... But no, you see these, we have no clue what to do with these leftover files we can't clean up from that shitty programmer we hired*\?"

That's basic C software write for 'comments' you can backslash and whatever that * means is to ignore the comment and the code was written with a comment on the same code line. If I semi can figure out my 3-timers I can apply it to anything I want and it makes sense just like fuel-spark-gas and apply that to the bike. Now same as apply my time piece and all the gates and sparks and fuel open/close time and the math is way over my head. But here are the basics to diagnose a no-start issue and how you described it, I apply the computer diagnostic 3 is a switching and a flip to ground or you manually flop it to ground. Simple asshit until you wire it up hole EEE shit!

Yes, drain out the capacitors to zero. The other is a power commander type uses a kill switch for the foot shifter. Stay tucked not clutch no throttle lift. The instructions say to use a neg- at some timer. And when a +posi spike hits ground it ground the RAM. You can begin to think of things like using the mouse key for the calc or use the num/lock or flipped to flop and locked for the number keypad.

So the sbit I'll look into. I told you I am being school here more than you know is now apply what I've learned here. WATT-IF... Everyone threw away their E box and all you had to do was wink-wink to ground and loophole dumping the files left behind was yeah, in a way those files that did not clear was trapped in the wink dept line feeds? It's on a timer and no flasher to replace? Or is there a flasher somewhere? A remote capacitor is the hidden condenser is the winker relay?

Would this not be one of those press the reset button under the battery or oil bag is it? And now turn the winker left or right or left and right to drain to 1 to set the 0? Is that winker a reset for 5v and the under battery pan for 12v?

Reset Bag switch
    Reset Hand switch
    Reset Battery ground

:confused: Bring on that no start E-box!

francoblay1 likes this.
  6. KnotSo

KnotSo No Time or Patience for Drama or Disrespect.
    Staff Member Supporting Member

My Bike(s):
    2006 Big Dog Mastiff, 2005 Buell, 2000 HD
    Stay tucked not clutch no throttle lift.

:chopper::chopper: