Fork Brace Chrome question

Energy One

narow37

Angry Southern White Man
new to the site and have already learned a lot from the "how to's". thanks. my question is have any of you had problems with the chrome flaking/peeling off of the fork brace. come to think of it, its also flaking off of both of the rotors. thanks for any thoughts.

shane

P8RIOT

Calendar Participant
I haven't seen it yet, but then my bike is a pretty protected puppy - be sure to point it out to your dealer, though, because chrome only has a 6 month warranty.

Raywood

The Pirate
Staff member
Calendar Participant
Troop Supporter
All you guys with the new bikes remember that you get 6 months warranty on chrome. After that you will have to live with it.

I had my inner primary cover replaced and since then my fork brace, rotors (real bad), rockers, and other primary all have peeling/pitting.

Later,
Ray

narow37

Angry Southern White Man
yeah they are replacing it i just wanted to see if others were having any issues. i live in coastal south carolina and have a lot of salt in the air which likes to pit everything.

Oscar Maldonado

Guru
Calendar Participant
Couldn't answer that question, But I am noticing some serious bubbling of the chrome on my handlebars and on my headlight.:bang: Severely irratating me.:angry:

I know of one of our forum members having the same issue and he lives in florida and I live in michigan and on my 04 chopper the fork brace was polished only. So he exchanged his second fork brace and we traded. I changed out the front end after that so I don't know if the chrome held up. It sounds like you may want to try and find a polished one if you can, I'm not sure they make them anymore.

Tim

Administrator
Staff member
Founder
Lifetime Supporting Member
Calendar Participant
Troop Supporter
Supporting Member
I don't like the sound of this thread...

P8RIOT

Calendar Participant
FYI, I just talked to the lady who files warranty claims at our local dealer - she said they have seen a run of poorly chromed kick stands lately, and have replaced several. Mine appears to be flaking, so they'll replace it this week when I get my 5k done. You might want to keep an eye on yours, up to that 6 month limit.

Tim

Administrator
Staff member
Founder
Lifetime Supporting Member
Calendar Participant
Troop Supporter
Supporting Member
I'll be watching everything chrome on my bike.

P8RIOT

Calendar Participant
Yup - mark the calendar for 6 months after delivery, and give it a real detailed look before the time expires.