Foot Controls

Energy One

Raywood

The Pirate
Staff member
Calendar Participant
Troop Supporter
I figured I would post a picture of the controls all dis-assembled since I'm putting my stock pegs back on and getting rid of the Roulettes. Been a long time since I had them apart so going to get the buffing wheels out and give them a good polish. Wish I had time to send them out for chrome but the weather is too good and up here in the only rain forest in the continental US you ride when you have the opportunity.
Who ever designed these went to a lot of trouble cause there is a lot of parts.
But they work real good so after a good cleaning I will get them polished real good then put them back together. Will post pics of them all cleaned up when I get them done.
Waiting for the adapters from Kuryakyn!

Later,
Ray

Reactions: Tim
Ray, do you have any dial calipers ? reason I ask if you could draw up a sketch of just the clevis part(with the round base) I could have them made up and then screw kuryakn. If not no big deal I will probally order one since both sides are the same and then just change the opening size for std. pegs

Raywood

The Pirate
Staff member
Calendar Participant
Troop Supporter
Good idea! Let me see what I can come up with. Amazing a large company like kuryakyn can't reproduce these things quickly!

Later,
Ray

That was the original way I wanted to see it made anyway. This means 1 less pc. to use if you want to go with a direct male mount harley style peg. We have a cnc guy now all we need is a print.

Tim

Administrator
Staff member
Founder
Lifetime Supporting Member
Calendar Participant
Troop Supporter
Supporting Member
I'm sure you could sell them here, and a few other sites, pretty easy.

Cutter

3 Set Ups, much more expensive than adapters, unless you got the quantities high enough.

Cutter

true
You got 1 at your place?
easy enough to measure with calipers...

could even get demo to run 20 pcs to show off their machine...

No I wish but I ran 2 different types for about 6 years. But we could quote out the turning work seperate,lots of places will do turning fairly cheap, then just run the 2 mill setups afterwords. Cavracer, another forum member works at a small job shop that lets him do some government work. So I would ask him unless your in the position to do something like this. But it would probally cut into your gambling time a bit.(LOL)

Raywood

The Pirate
Staff member
Calendar Participant
Troop Supporter
Al, here they are. Did the best I could with my calipers! If you need anymore measurement just let me know. I do plan on putting it all back together tomorrow after I finish cleaning and polishing it all up. Figure I can get them good and shiny when they are all apart.
Hope this works for you. Email me if you want them larger for easier reading.
Later,
Ray

Tim

Administrator
Staff member
Founder
Calendar Participant
Troop Supporter
Supporting Member
Awesome photos Ray.

I think there is a machine shop on board this rig... time to try and make a new friend here. :lol:

Gas Man

Cool isn't cheap
Calendar Participant
Well AlHall being the machinist that he is... is probably looking at that... with his mind a workin.... go to it Al!!

Tim

Administrator
Staff member
Founder
Calendar Participant
Troop Supporter
Supporting Member
That would be sooo cool!

P8RIOT

Calendar Participant
Looks like a little "manual CAD/CAM" output. :D

Nice work, Ray - getting those numbers should be the beginning of a breakthrough for a lot more options.

BUBBLEHEAD - pay close attention here - Raywood just opened up a whole new flood of potential customizations for you! :lol:

I also just ordered a new one from vickie just in case there were any questons. It only cost $25 so with the sample and rays print I'll just change the clevis opening and thru hole to accomodate a standard peg mount and see what price I can get. Vickie has asked me to let her know as well.

Raywood

The Pirate
Staff member
Calendar Participant
Troop Supporter
I'll be looking for a set when they are done. Thanks for attempting this Alhall88! :flag:

Later,
Ray

Tim

Administrator
Staff member
Founder
Calendar Participant
Troop Supporter
Supporting Member
I am sooo interested in this. It would open up much cheaper options when it comes to foot pegs for my K-9.

Thanks for looking at this Al. :up: